cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBP 3.0 upgrade to SRM 7.0 via SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently use EBP version 3.0, and are about to upgrade our application. I realise there is no direct upgrade path from this version to SRM 7.0. Is there anyone out there who is currently on RAMP UP for SRM 7.0, and has done the double upgrade from EBP version 3.0 in one go, rather than doing a new install? (double upgrade EBP 3.0 to SRM 5.0, then to SRM 7.0).

If there is anyone who can help me, I would be very interested in understanding any problems you encountered.

Many Thanks

Claire

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to schedule the upgrade down time for production server.

For functionality, it depends on your scenario like how many Add-on and Modify current system has.

SRM 7.0 use NetWeaver Portal and WebDynpro screen. No more ITS screens.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Please see response to Zameer, same questions.

Thanks

Claire

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see only problem is system down time. 2 step upgrade takes longer time than 1 step upgrade.

You have to check all compatibility for OS, DB.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Have you actually been involved in a project where a customer has actually done the double upgrade?

Thanks

Claire

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claire, did you get answer to your question?

For anyone else...we are considering an upgrade from EBP 3.0 to SRM 7.0 and interested to know whether:

- Fresh installation is preferred over upgrade

- Upgrade is a 2-step process or whether we can go direct to SRM 7.0 (SAP PAM suggests 2-step)

If 2-step process which is the best route:

1. EBP 3.0 -> SRM 4.0 -> SRM 7.0

2. EBP 3.0 -> SRM 5.0 -> SRM 7.0

3. EBP 3.0 -> SRM 6.0 -> SRM 7.0 (assuming not a good option as it is "In Restricted Shipment"

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Based on my own investigations, and advice from SAP, we have decided to go for a re-install rather than a two step upgrade. Essentially the best approach would be to carry out a risk assessment on the following:

- the amount of bespoke functionality you have in the application, and whether or not it is compatible with SRM 7.0

- the size of the operational window you have to carry out the upgrade.

- as far as data migration is concerned, I believe there ate tools available to help with this

The underlying advice I got from SAP was to do a re-install.

Hope this helps.

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claire, very helpful - thanks.

prashantagarwal
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Did you do the 2 step upgrade?

Wanted to know that once we upgrade the system to SRM5.0 do we need to do any customizations/config/testing before upgrading it to SRM 7?

Thanks

Prashant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Fred

Is there any upgrade assessment tool available to help us assess the changes required and objects impacted to do effort analysis for upgrade

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the upgrade dependency from the below analyser URL

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/uda

Regarding new functionality when compared with SRM 5.0, you can find the details via below solution browser.

http://solutionbrowser.erp.sap.fmpmedia.com/

Regards,
Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There is an upgrade path for SRM 3.0 and above. For SRM 2.0 and below releases, a 2-step upgrade approach is feasible by upgrading to SRM 5.0 first followed by SRM 7.0.

Thanks

Zameer Sayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer

Have you actually carried out, been involved in, or know someone that has carried out a double upgrade - from EBP 3.0 to RM 5.0 to SRM 7.0?

I know from my own research that it is theoretically possible. I am really trying to find out how realistic an option it would be. Has anyone carried out the double upgrade, or have they done a new install.

Thanks

Claire