cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooth paste manufacturing as repetative manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is manufacturing toothpaste, the scenario is, they have 5 products with multiple change overs they manufacture different batches of tooth paste than store them in a storage tank. the batch management could be difficult as the are not storing the different batches seperately they are storing it in a same storage tank and then they pack it. they have strict standards to be followed and no bom change occure during manufacturing.

We have proposed process manufacturing with auto GR n backflush.

They are asking that we should treet it as repetitive manufacturing. can any one give me point wise comparision of process and repetative manufacturing in this scenario......

Regards Syed Noor ul Haque

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Syed,

You can configure this in REM scenario and I hope they are not interested in order wise confirmation.

Moreover here less control is required with respect to shop floor control,as the process is going to

remain and the BOM is more or less fixed.

You can create a rate routing and go for mass confirmation,instead of individual orders.

IS there any process instructions that's to be brought into SAP?

If so then you can go for PP-PI.

Transaction code wise in REM there are less T Codes.If the business people are ready to work with

more control in SFC then you can go to PP-PI.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Problem is this the number of transactions is also reduce in process manufacturing. We don't have any problem in opening repetative, but they will loss control and will not able to see differenciate cost as per day or shift. I informed them about cost and control and less support of batch management in repetative. they will have a batch at packing level. they only have 1 line and they have to change products 2 to 5 times a day on that production line.

second i suggest them to go for sap and their mes intergration in 2 phase which is better supported in PP-PI.

just give me ur opinion that weither or not my assumptions and suggestion are right or it needs to improve.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Syed,

I accept your comments and moreover reports wise REM will not be giving satisfactory results and if

they are more interested in costing part and shop floor control means then REM will not help them.

I dont have any knowledge regarding PP-PI,so as such I'm not willing to comment more about it.

Regards

Mangalraj.S