cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: RWI 00223 when trying to view a Web Intelligence report in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to view a webi report in infoview, I get the error message: "Could not get page number. (Error RWI 00223) (Error: INF)". It is possible to modify the report, and run the report from the development application.

I am using BOXI release 2, SP 5 on a windows server. Tomcat. Java 1.5.

I have tried to find an answer in the forums and have for instance tried to increase the heap size, it did not help. I have also read something about replacing jar files in the desktoplaunch folder in tomcat. Though, these files are not really covered by the ones found in ..\Business Objects\common\3.5\java\lib. So it does not feel like I can just replace them?

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

BR, Emma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondering if you found a solution for this issue? Have exactly the same issue....

Johan

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try copying all the .jar files from the JSP WEB-INF/lib directory?

Could not get page number. (RWI 00223)

Cause

The requested page could not be retrieved because of an invalid page

number.

Action

Ensure that the requested page number is valid.

Bashir Awan

Edited by: Bashir Awan on Mar 8, 2010 5:50 PM

Edited by: Bashir Awan on Mar 8, 2010 5:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now tried to replace the jar files in "..\desktoplaunch\WEB-INF\lib" with those that are present also in "..Business Objects\common\3.5\java\lib". Though, all jar files that are in the first directory are not present in the second one and vice versa. This means I have the "old" files left, but all files possible to replace are "new". With this change it is possible to view the webi reports in infoview, but instead I get an error when trying to modify them: Error EIJ 20002.

// Emma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

You can try the following solution to resolve the issue.

The problem occurs if there are more concurrent sessions/users logged into WebIntelligence than the number of WIQTs defined in the admin console.

Resolution

Raise the number of WIQTs for the BusinessObjects Enterprise install to a value higher than the default of 20.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

If the previous solutions provided are not helpful to resolve the issue then could you please test the following ones.

Solution1:

Proxy timeout setting needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Adjust Proxy timeout setting accordingly.

Solution2:

Unable to refresh any webi reports.

Unable to Modify any webi reports.

Error's out " java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 405 for URL: http://qa-2k- 001:80/businessobjects/enterprise115/cdzisapi.wis " (WIJ 20002)

Improper .wis extension mapping.

Unregestered DLL's

cdzisapi.dll

TraceLog.dll

Solution

Ensure that the cdzisapi.dll is in the "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86" directory.

Ensure that IIS has a .wis extension mapping to the cdzisapi.dll file. This is done by right clicking the "businessobjects" directory and going to Properties --> Directory Tab --> Application Settings --> Configuration Button. Add the mapping if it is not there.

Ensure that the TraceLog.dll is in the "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86" directory.

Ensure that the permisions to the directory and specifically the TraceLog.dll and cdzisapi.dll are configured properly. Read and Execute rights by the account running IIS.

(this was our problem at the customer site I am at and there is no documentation that I know of) If you go to the .wis extension mapping talked about in #2 and double-click on the extension mapping, there is a property called "Check that file exists". Make sure that this is UNCHECKED. That causes the Webi Java Reporting Panel to throw the error listed above as well.

Solution3:

The server is using IIS6 or above and the DefaultAppPool user does not have the full rights on the C:\Windows\temp folder

Solution

1- Check the user that the DefaultAppPool is using:

Open Internet Information Service (IIS)

Application Pool --> DefaultAppPool --> Properties --> Identity

Check the user

2- navigate to C:\windows

find the "Temp" folder

Right click and select "Properties" -> "Security"

the user should have write, modify and read access to the "Temp" folder

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message I get after the jar files have been replaced is:

Server: http://server_name:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/CrystalEnterprise_Webi/...?

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://server_name/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/CrystalEnterprise_Webi/cdzSe...

I don't have any crystal war files deployed, should I?

Answers to your suggested solutions:

Regarding the number of WIQTs, I'm not sure what you are refering to. Though, the nr of Maximum Simultaneous Connections for the WebI Job Server i set to 50. Is that what you meant?

Sol1:

I don't know how to set the proxy.

Sol2:

I don't have the files you mention. It might be something with the cdzisapi.dll file?

I don't understand the procedure for setting the IIS mapping. I can't find "Properties --> Directory Tab --> Application Settings --> Configuration Button" when I right click the business objects directory.

Sol3:

How do I open IIS?

BR, Emma

Edited by: emmali on Mar 12, 2009 3:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please review the following solution and information.

BusinessObjects XI Release 2 is deployed in a distributed environment. Only the WCA.NET component of BusinessObjects XI Release 2 is installed on the IIS server.

When attempting to view or edit a Web Intelligence document in the Java Report Panel, a "WIJ2002" error occurs.

This error does not occur when BusinessObjects XI Release 2 is fully installed on the IIS server.

Cause

The TraceLog.dll file is not installed when only the Web Component Adapter is installed on the IIS server.

Resolution

Copy the TraceLog.dll file from a full installation of BusinessObjects XI Release 2 to the computer that has only the WCA component installed.

Background

This error occurs when the Java applet attempts to send a POST request. The IIS error log files show an HTTP 500 error with POST request type on the cdzisapi.wis file.

The detailed error message thrown by the Java applet in the browser is similar to the following:

"http://excalibur:80/businessobjects/enterprise115/cdzisapi.wis? java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://excalibur:80/businessobjects/enterprise115/cdzisapi.wis at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.net.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.cpi.CPIConnection.postRequest(CPIConnection.java:440) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLViaHttp.loadScript(XMLViaHttp.java:144) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLViaHttp.initInstance(XMLViaHttp.java:971) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLSession.load(XMLSession.java:157) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLSession.load(XMLSession.java:45) at com.businessobjects.wp.om.OMSessionLoader.load(OMSessionLoader.java:29) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.TCMain.initClient(TCMain.java:1431) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.thread.InitAppletRunner.run(InitAppletRunner.java:81) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.cpi.CPIConnection.postRequest(CPIConnection.java:444) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLViaHttp.loadScript(XMLViaHttp.java:144) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLViaHttp.initInstance(XMLViaHttp.java:971) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLSession.load(XMLSession.java:157) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLSession.load(XMLSession.java:45) at com.businessobjects.wp.om.OMSessionLoader.load(OMSessionLoader.java:29) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.TCMain.initClient(TCMain.java:1431) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.thread.InitAppletRunner.run(InitAppletRunner.java:81) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Additional info:case 302675238 . Keywords: cdzisapi.wisWIJ2002webi java panel errorweb intelligence java errorwebintelligence java error"

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the TraceLog.dll is present. The cdzisapi.dll file is not though.

// Emma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

You can test the following solution.

You created the extension .wis and pointed it to "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\cdzISAPI.dll". Unfortunately, IIS will not recognize this correctly, and BO Java Panel will show error WIJ 200002

Resolution

To fix this issue, change the path to an 8.3 format, in the default install folder, that would be:

C:\PROGRA1\BUSINE1\BUSINE1.5\WIN32_1\cdzISAPI.dll

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand, I haven't created any .wis extensions.

I'm not sure if everything was installed correctly in the patch? Since I had to replace some jar files it seems like something might have gone wrong, doesn't it?

// Emma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

It seems that issue is related to cdzisapi.dll.While repalcing the jar files something went wrong with cdzisapi.dll and as you updated that it is not found on the system.

could you please look into the previous solution suggested by me regarding cdzisapi.dll.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no cdzisapi.dll file so I can't do anything with it.

// Emma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SARBHJEET,

do u know the solution for rwi 00323. we are using od and get this message on drill down. there are about 1000 sessions created each day. we already set the token stack to 0 so that it gets stored on the hard disk. failover is set to 500. do you have a solution for this. should i increase the failover size to lets say 1200 or should i disable logon token. please advice. thanks.

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Bashir Awan on Mar 8, 2010 5:54 PM

Edited by: Bashir Awan on Mar 8, 2010 5:55 PM

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at following SAP Note:

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmali,

Following solution might help you to resolve the issue.

Open the web intelligence report in Edit mode(issue is not seen).

Select the report tab.

Right click ->Properties.

Uncheck the option "Enhanced viewing".

Save the report.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input, but unfortunately this didn't help..

BR // Emma