cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create business partner with reference of another business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create a business partner with reference of another BP in CRM 2007 from Web UI, please advise whether it is possible or not, if not ...why it is not possible?

Looking forward for your reply!

Regards,

Silpa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silpa,

In the standard, this isn't possible with the BP. However, you can create a customer as a reference of another existing customer, and then sync this new customer into a new BP. So you can do this indirectly,.

If you want to create a BP directy as a reference of another BP - sorry, this isn't possible. You would need to copy the BP into another BP using a custom report. You can develop your report along these lines :

1. The easiest way is to use APIs. Start by calling BUPA_CENTRAL_GET_DETAIL usign the BP number. THis will give you all the central data for the BP - e.g. name, etc. Now, merely feed the output of this module into the module BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA. This will create a new BP with the same data of the old BP.

2. Now that the main BP is ready, you need to start copying the individual datasets - addresses, bank details, roles, Id, industry,etc. This is tricky - the ADD apis - BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD, BUPA_ROLE_ADD, etc can only create one record in a call. So, you need to first get the data of the reference BP using the GET_DETAIL api e.g. : BUPA_ADDRESS_GET_DETAIL, then loop at each returned record, and pass that into the corresponding ADD BAPI.

3. Be sure to call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT at the end to commit the data to the DB.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Rishu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

How & where should I code this in WEBUI. I tried to call the BAPI ROLE ADD 2 from ON_SAVE method in BP_HEAD_ACCOUNTDETAILS but it gives me an error saying the BP I am trying to change is locked by me, which makes sense because I am trying to edit it.

Thanks,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shilpa ,

If you want to know how to code it over the STANDARD , then i can give you some pointers .But it has not been shipped with CRM 2007 .Something like this will come in the future ....

Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shreya,

Can you help me with the same issue. In our client place I am using the t code BP to create the business partner roles ( person, organization etc.) to create different business partners. Users wanted the functionality of "create with Reference" in that transaction. IF you could help me on how to go about

That would be of great help.

Best Regards,

Kiran.

santosh_v
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly is the purpose of creating a BP "with reference to" another BP? Will there be a relationship established between the two BPs? If a relationship needs to be established, then you can do this in the Relationship tab of a Business Partner. If the prupose is to use the same data for multiple Business Partners, then you can try using Business Partner Templates.

Thanks and Regards,

Santo.