cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic image not appearing in Crystal Viewer for .Net

0 Kudos

The situation is this:

I would like to display a dynamic image on a report and deploy it using the Crystal Viewer. This is all fine and good when working in Crystal Reports 11 Designer. My dynamic image appears for each record that has a match on the dyamic graphic location formula I've created in the picture tab within the image format editor. After reading several posts, I've tried just about everything under the sun. '

Crystal Designer: 11.0

.Net Framework: 2.0

Crystal Viewer: 11.5

A. The path (each of these have been tried and do not work in the viewer). I have verified and accessed the file via each of these methods from the server and all paths are correct.

1. "C:\Clients\Images\" & {whtitleinfo.isbn10} & ".jpg" (ultimately this is where I would like to pull the image from )

2. "/" & {whtitleinfo.isbn10} & ".jpg"

3. //"http://mydomain..com/" & {whtitleinfo.isbn10} & ".jpg"

4. C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\crystalreportviewers115\images\toolbar

(even tried putting the image in here because I know the toolbar buttons are brought in properly)

B. Modify webconfig to set permissions for crystalimagehandler.aspx (read in another post):

<location path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx"><system.web><authorization>

<allow users="*"/></authorization></system.web></location>

Any help would be greatly appreciated here. This is my third or fourth effort over the last several years to get this working.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This entire issue was solved by changing access to the image directory.

The directory already had the domain account for IUSR_ set up to read this directory but didn't work until I gave the IUSR_ machine account access..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been struggling with this same issue. I am hunting and pecking with permissions now, but nothing is working and I am not sure exactly what to add/change or where.

In my image folder I have permissions for IUSR_, but still no image. What do you mean by "gave the IUSR_ machine account acces" ? You setup a login / user account for them on the server?

You said:

This entire issue was solved by changing access to the image directory.

The directory already had the domain account for IUSR_ set up to read this directory but didn't work until I gave the IUSR_ machine account access..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howzit all

I don't usually post in forums but I have had this issue with crystal before and struggled my ass off to sort it out.

What I did to resolve my issue is this:

Add the following to your webconfig (obviously don't add the handlers bits as they are already there):

<handlers>

<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode"/>

</handlers>

Also make sure you change the version to the relevant version listed in assemblies in your web.config. also note that this is IN ADDITION to the image handler bit in httphandlers.

Good Luck......

Regards

Kerry

Edited by: KerryReid on Feb 15, 2011 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you are using Crystal reports XI with visual studio 2005.

CRXI is not supported with Visual studio 2005.

VS 2005 is only compatible with CR 10.2 (Bundle version which comes with VS), CR XI R2 and CR 2008.

You can upgrade CRXI to CRXIR2.

See this thread regrading [upgrade|;

Need more info:

-How are you deploying the runtime files for Crystal Reports to the deployment server?

-Which operating system are you using?

-What is the version of IIS?

-Are you able to view the Crystal Report Viewer toolbar images?

.Is the HTTP and HTTPS are configured in same IIS?

-Are you getting any u201CRed Xu201D images instead of dynamic image? If so, Please let me know your observation on the below steps,

Right click the u201CRed Xu201D image and view property. Please ensure the image directory with your application directory.

Is the application is having the full permission to access the image? Also let me know is the image is load in the machine or the crystal report is created from the image from the https web links?

Regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos

Hi Shweta thanks for your help on this and sorry for not pursuing your response earlier.

To Answer your questions:

Iu2019m actually not using VS 2005. Our app is set up to call rpt files from a table. I basically develop the report, place it in a dynamic menu structure used in the app, and point it to the rpt file.

I am not the web developer so Iu2019m not sure how the runtime files are deployed. If you think this might be my stumbling block, let me know and I will find out more information

I believe that the HTTP and HTTP are configured on the same IIS. We are a small shop and have limited number of sites running on each server (i.e. not a server farm)

Iu2019m not getting a red X but the image that I originally use as a placeholder (to create the image object on the report) is showing up.

This is the path to the image as it is run in Crystal designer: C:\Clients\XXX\Images\0000000000.jpg. (this pulls up fine when I am in the designer)..

When the report comes up in the app via the crystal viewer, this is the path (as mentioned above this is the original image I used to create the picture object on the report):

http://he.firebrandtech.com/XXX/Dialogs/CrystalImageHandler.aspx?dynamicimage=cr_tmp_image_1346eaeb-...

0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a function in the designer now to update the image file. I'll move this one to the report design forum so they can get this set up properly in the report.

I believe the option is to set the location of the file in a database field, then CR will use the info in the file to find the image.

Thank you

Don