cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADOBE FORMS:Data view palette in the Layout, not showing the fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a static adobe form by following a step-by-step tutorial.The steps I have followed are:

1. Created an Interface with just one field in the Import parameters (apart from the default one).

2. Created a form by using that interface and included that field in the context .

3. Activated the form and wennt to the layout of the form.

4. I should be seeing that field added and activated in the context in the form but its not there.

What could possibly be the reason for it.Please guide me.

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Adobe Form when I open it in change mode I am unable to see the below options in it.

Always I could see only the preview of pdf output. I tried for the option in Palette by right click on the pdf form->Right Click->Palette but it has options Border,Accessibility etc but no option is related to DataView or Hierarchy palettes.

I am looking for Dataview and Hierarchy Palettes to be displayed on the left side of the form.

Please share if any ideas.

Regards,

Rafi

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafi,

Which version livecycle designer are you using?
I'm using 9.0 and I have the options Dataview and Hierarchy.

Thanks&Regards

Jie Bai

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jie Bai,

Thanks for your reply.

I hope there is problem in installing ADL in my system.

I guess I am  unable to see the Menu options due to the same reason.

Will get ADL installed again and will check it.

Regards,

Rafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek/Kiran,

I am also facing the same problem.

I even reinstalled the Livecycle Designer on my machine.

But still my data view palette is empty even though I have some fields in my context that are mapped from interface.

Please suggest to proceed further.

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I am facing this same problem of the Data view palette in the Layout not showing any fields.

Has anyone found a solution for this yet ?

Thanks ,

Patrick

sergey_korolev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!
The same problem almost made me mad... (I have Adobe Designer 9)
But! seems I've solved it. That's how:

1. I opened my PDF form in SFP in edit mode
  2. I prepared my Context (dragged there import parameters)
  3. Opened Adobe Designer: Data View was empty: closed it.
  4. Back at Context view I downloaded Data scheme via Menu -> Utilities -> Uploading/downloading... -> Downloading data scheme
  5. Opened Adobe Designer again
  6. At "Data view" tab opened New Data Connection window via context menu (right mouse click)
  7. Enter arbitrary name into New Connection name field
  8. Select XML schema radio button
  9. Click Next
  10. Select previously saved XSD file (Schema) and click Finish
  11. That's it.
Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a similar issue as everyone else.  I'm trying your suggestion but in my case 'step 8' is impossible because XML schema is greyed out.

Ah, but after playing a bit more I found my solution.  Right click on the data connection and choose 'Connection Properties' and choose next.

Now enter the location of the XSD file and choose finish.

The data fields filled in after that.

Cheers,

@glenn_a_allen

divya_prakash2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

i am using all the step and found the all filed in dataview but after that when execute it form its gives blank screen.

also one thing i found in properties layout technology type shows only two option one XAF and one XAF2.

please help on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

No replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

How did you solve this?

Am facing the same problem. I don't see the tab or the fields in the layout which I droped down in the context.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI abhishek,

Drag and drop the import paramter into the context of the form save and activate the form.

May be the binding did not happen with the context of the form from the import parameter of the interface.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

How can I check the binding between the form interface and the context?Please reply.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link would help u out

[;

Regards,

Vijaya Lakshmi.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If u r not able to see it in Context , this may be the reason:

Drag the importing field from Import (Interface) to Context Folder, then save and activate.

If u r not able to see it in Layout,

Check whether there is Data View or Not. If no, then goto Palette - > Data View.

Let me know if u need any more ?

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both (Raju and Ram),

I have dragged the field from the Interface to the context and then saved and activated it. But the trouble is I am seeing the staus of the field in the field properties as active but the context is still Inactive .I dont know why it is not getting activated even though the Form status is active.Please suggest what can be the reason for this.

As you suugested if the context is active only then I would see the field in the Data view palette.

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek

Edited by: abhishek singh on Mar 20, 2009 6:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Check whether the field moved to context is in active status.

Regards,

Raju.