cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6 in function module RSS_PROGRAM_GENERATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

While testing the extraction of a hierarchy data source (0CMMT_ITEM_FMCI_PU_HIER) from RSA3, I encountered the above error. I looked into some notes and it was not of much help for me. Please let me know if someone have come across this error and know the solution.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manfred,

I looked into this note and discussed with our basis team. It seems like we already have this package. we are having 2005.1 while this error is reported for 2003.1 version. According to this note, the error should not continue. But, why does this still exist?

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to debugg the code ... we will try to find out the problem. If i found some thing.. i will update the thread.

check in debugging. keep break point in the function module. RSS_PROGRAM_GENERATE

Regards,

Nagesh.

Former Member

Hi Nagesh,

Do not use transaction RSA3 for testing or checking the extraction of "HIERARCHY" datasources. This transaction is not meant for checkinghierarchies, as it can lead to the exact error you have mentioned above.

You need to use the report RSA1HCAT to check hierarchies, and you will

be able to display the following:

1.Meta data

2.Hierarchy tree

3.Hierarchy list

RSA1HCAT is a pure display report which cannot change the hierarchy, andwill not influence the display in RSA3. It does not change whether the

error is given or not in RSA3.

Regards,

Cesar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

The message no is: RJ028. What could be the possible problem? I'll also analyse and let you know if I solve the problem myself.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at oss note 705212:

Syntax error in the generated extraction program Symptom

You notice the error by one of the following symptoms:

The loading of transaction data from an R/3 system terminates with a syntax error in the generated extraction program. The monitor displays the error messages:

R3027 "Error & during the generation of the data transfer program"

RSM340 "Error in the source system"

The extraction within the extractor checker terminates with error message <b>RJ028 "Error 6 in function module RSS_PROGRAM_GENERATE".</b>The activation of transfer rules ends in BW with error message RG102 "Syntax error in GP$ERR$, row... (-> long text)" from the source system. Usually, the diagnosis in the long text of the error message is: "...could not be interpreted. Possible error causes: Incorrect notation or... "

Other terms

OLTP, extractor, data extraction, DataSource, Service API, SAPI,

R3 027, R3 27, RSM 340, RJ 028, RJ 28

Reason and Prerequisites

The error only occurs in the source system, if this contains Basis Release 3.1I and Service API (SAPI) 3.0C Support Package 6. SAPI 3.0C Support Package 6 is contained, for example, in PI 2003.1 Support Package 7 (see attached composite SAP note 673002).

Solution

To correct the problem you need service API 3.0C Support Package 7 in the affected source system. The attached composite SAP note 704971 explains in which software components service API 3.0C is contained, and what the corresponding Support Packages of these components are.

Alternatively, you can also copy the advance correction from the appendix.

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subray,

can you tell me what is the Error message Number so that i will try to figure out.

For the sake of information i'm providing some problem while testing in RSA3.

If tell me the <b>Message Number and message ID</b> i will tell you why it is failed.

1. If the Data Source is inactive.

2. update mode other than C and F, allow I for IM, allow

S for early delta.

3. Status of the Set up table.

4. Delete Entry select-options does not fit.

5. If request Number is Initial(Check Request Id in RSA3).

for all the above errors RSA3 will trigger same error message. If you can tell me the erroe <b>message number and Message ID</b> i will try to figure it out.

Regards,

Nagesh.