cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Session: unexpected error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm using BO XI R3.0 and since couple of last days I'm having problem with opening Universe Designer. The message I'm getting is "Open session: unexpected error". This happens after I provide user name and password for the access to the system.

Does anyone know the solution to the problem beside uninstalling Client tools etc. (I already did that) because the same happens when I want to open Desktop Intelligence, Translation Manager, etc.

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PPaolo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

your license might have expired. Check with your BOBJ administrator.

Best regards

PPaolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PPaolo,

actually we just renewed licenses and right now I have both the license keys that expire within couple of days and the new ones added in License Manager.

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason may be the user login information files have become corrupted.

Try:

1. Find the lsi folder: %Documents and Settings\<useraccount>\Application Data\Business

Objects\Business Objects 12.0\lsi

2. Delete all the files in that directory

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if all the services are up and runing.

Go to CCM and restart all services.

Cheers,

Ravichandra K

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorry forgot to paste the path here you go and delete all files in following folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\vreddy44\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0\lsi

Let me know how it goes

Regards,

Venkatesh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just delete the content from the given path folder and login with Designer as per my knowledge it will login 100 percent.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Venkatesh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then try to log in in WEBI or DESKI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I'm facing the same problem (unexpected error by logging on to Universe Designer). Did you finally solve the problem and if so: how did you do it?

Thnx in advance,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourashree Ghosh,

The solution to this issue is with the LSI file. Deleting files from LSI directory will resolve this issue, as recommended by Sourashree Ghosh.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having this issue as well. We use CITRIX servers & BO server is Linux. Where is the LSI directory located? If its on the BO server, is there another path i case of Linux?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to my previous question, I have another query. I am trying to create a macro to rename, hide/show and change some more properties of universe objects. Below is the code to log on to designer and open the required universe

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Set DesignerApp = New Designer.Application

DesignerApp.Visible = True

Call DesignerApp.LogonDialog

Set Univ = DesignerApp.Universes.Open

DesignerApp.Visible = False

Set Wksht = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Objects")

Wksht.Unprotect

Range("Objects").ClearContents

Call GetObjectInfo(Univ.Classes, 1)

Range("Objects").Resize(Wksht.UsedRange.Rows.Count - 1, 5).Name = "Objects"

Range("Objects").Columns("H:L").Value = Range("Objects").Columns("B:F").Value

Wksht.Protect

DesignerApp.Quit

Set DesignerApp = Nothing

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What happenns is that after I log on using my macro, if I try to log on to designer again I get the "Open Session: unexpected error" error. If I delete the LSI folder on my local machine, then I can log on fine. but everytime I use the macro I get the error afterwards. I am logging onto a SAP system.

Any help on this one?