cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume SAP PI web service in CE 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a web service defined in XI/PI (process integration), and want to consume it in NWDS CE 7.1. I did some research and there is a sap help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/46/935a636110581de10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm regarding this. However this just does not apply to my case, the corresponding classes referred to in the help just does not exist in my case.

What I did:

1) Import the wsdl into my java project

2) Generate ws client based on the wsdl (Java standalone, not java proxy as EJB)

3) After the client generation, I have four java classes:

a) public interface SI_CounterReading_Out_A extends java.rmi.Remote

b) public class SI_CounterReading_Out_ABindingStub extends org.apache.axis.client.Stub implements SI_CounterReading_Out_A

c) public interface XI_6F873345De7D38C48610E2F078F60406_Service extends javax.xml.rpc.Service

d) public class XI_6F873345De7D38C48610E2F078F60406_ServiceLocator extends org.apache.axis.client.Service implements XI_6F873345De7D38C48610E2F078F60406_Service

4) I crated a java class to call the ws client by using the four classes. However I couldn't get it work.

The code I have:

String endPoint = "http://myendpoint";

SI_CounterReading_Out_ABindingStub stub = new SI_CounterReading_Out_ABindingStub();

stub._setProperty(stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY,"myuser");

stub._setProperty(stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, "mypassword");

stub._setProperty(stub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, endPoint);

stub.SI_CounterReading_Out_A(input);

I ran the program, no exception, but apparently the ws was not called.

I also tried the code;

SI_CounterReading_Out_A port = service.getHTTP_Port();

javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider bp = (javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider)port;

Map<String,Object> context = bp.getRequestContext();

context.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, endPoint);

context.put(BindingProvider.USERNAME_PROPERTY,"jxiao");

context.put(BindingProvider.PASSWORD_PROPERTY,"maianji53");

port.SI_CounterReading_Out_A(input);

I got exception taht the class cast javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider bp = (javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider)port;does not work.

Can somebody tell me how to consume the ws in NWDS CE 7.1É

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Following is a blog by Matthais Kretschmer:

[Import an EhP Service into ESR and create a Web Service Client|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9028] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Even this approach uses the BindingProvider way, but it does not create an instance of it.

You will find the code of the Web Service Client towards the end of the blog.

I have implemented it this way for calling the PI 7.1 Web Service from my Web Dynpro view and works correctly for me.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

thanks for reply.

However this blog presents the same way as the SAP Help which just does apply to my case.

1) I can't not use SAP netweaver as ws runtime when generating the ws client. Otherwise it say, SAP netweaver does not support my project.

2) In my generated java class I only have service.getHTTP_Port(); instead of service.getMyOperationPort();

3) When I try to class cast javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider bp = (javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider)port; I got runtime exception saying it can not be casted.

In webdynpro, I guess you use adaptive web service model where the ws client is generated by the WD runtime, not sure if it's the Java ws client generation issue towards PI web service.

FRUSTRATED!

Jayson

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for this, I had this window opened for days and I gave a response without knowing that it has been already answered. I saw it after the refresh of the form.

Sorry for repeating

-

Hi Jason,

It seems to me that you are using wrong runtime and server settings.

As you mention above, you have generated some Java classes that have "extends org.apache.axis.client.Stub" and "extends org.apache.axis.client.Service" in their code. This makes me think that you are using the default Apache Axis settings.

As it is written in the prerequisites section of the documents, you have to use SAP Server and SAP NetWeaver Runtime to generate correct proxies.

"The application server and Web service runtime are set in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio from Window >> Preferences >> Web Services >> Server and Runtime. In the Server field, choose SAP Server, and in the Web service runtime, choose SAP NetWeaver."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/100c6be9f87201e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Nikolay

Edited by: Nikolay Kanchev on Mar 30, 2009 6:21 PM

0 Kudos

Hey Jayson,

The fact that the class SI_CounterReading_Out_ABindingStub extends org.apache.axis.client.Stub makes me think that you have generated your web service client using the Apache Axis web service runtime. In this case the proxy generated is a JAX-RPC one. This is also the reason that you cannot cast your port to javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider

In order to generate a client using the SAP toolset you will have to choose the "SAP Netweaver" WS runtime via clicking on the "Web service runtime" link on the first wizard page. the AXIS runtime is the default one in case you skipped one of the prerequisites step described at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/100c6be9f87201e10000000a155369/content.htm:

The application server and Web service runtime are set in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio from Window ® Preferences ® Web Services ® Server and Runtime. In the Server field, choose SAP Server, and in the Web service runtime, choose SAP NetWeaver.

Once you generate the client using the SAP Netweaver runtime, you should be able to consume the service using the JAX-WS means as described in the help.

Regards, Danail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for reply.

However as you see in my last post, I got error while specifying SAP netweaver as ws runtime. Do you know what that could be?

Thanks

jayson

0 Kudos

>

> However as you see in my last post, I got error while specifying SAP netweaver as ws runtime

>

> Thanks

> jayson

This is really strange... Could you check the ws client wizard's first page settings? Do not rely on the default values and do make sure that everything is set correctly - the server, the WS runtime and the client project.

It would be also helpful if you could attach a shot of the client wizard first page right before you press "Next"

Regards, Danail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danail,

I found out why I couldn't use SAP Netweaver as ws runtime, it's because I used the default JDK version 6.0 and obviously Netweaver only supports 5.0, after I changed it to JDK 5.0, I am ok.

So I could code the ws client like way you guys (also sap help) pointed. However when I run it I got exception:

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Server Error

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.JAXWSUtil.processFault(JAXWSUtil.java:341)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:987)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.callWOLogging(SOAPTransportBinding.java:703)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call(SOAPTransportBinding.java:649)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.processTransportBindingCall(WSInvocationHandler.java:152)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEISyncMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:117)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEIMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:83)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invoke(WSInvocationHandler.java:64)

at $Proxy16.siCounterReadingOutA(Unknown Source)

at ca.pi.TestCounterReading.callWebService1(TestCounterReading.java:73)

at ca.pi.TestCounterReading.main(TestCounterReading.java:32)

The code to call the ws:

SICounterReadingOutA port = service.getHTTP_Port();

javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider bp = (javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider)port;

Map<String,Object> context = bp.getRequestContext();

context.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, endPoint);

context.put(BindingProvider.USERNAME_PROPERTY,"myuser");

context.put(BindingProvider.PASSWORD_PROPERTY,"mypwd");

port.siCounterReadingOutA(input);

Do you see anything wrong here?

BTW, I could reach the endpoint in IE, so server or connection should not be the issue.

Thanks

Jayson

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes, CE7.1 only supports Java5. Java6 will be supported in the next release.

Unfortunately the exception on the client side only indicates that something wrong happened on the server side. You would have to check the server log files for details.

Danail

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Go through this blog , consuming PI webservices

/people/daniel.wroblewski/blog/2005/02/20/portal-sp9-portal-activity-report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be surprised taht nobody has idea about this.