Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prevent re-use of serial number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a serialized finished product.

During Goods Receipt from production order a serial number is assigned to it.

Now I'm doing delivery for that serial number item.

That serial number is again in available status, thus allowing me to assign the same serial number during the next Goods Receipt from another production order for the same finished product.

I want to stop the system from allowing the use of same serial number, once it is used. But it should allow me to use the same serial number when that particular serial numbered finished product is returned from the customer.

Help me in acheiving this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gowrishankar.p

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If Material-Serial combination is unique

Logically if the same serialized finished product comes to your warehouse then only you are going to do

GR for that Serial number by verifying physically , In this case the finished product may have some material code, system will check the material-serial number combination

Based on the physical receipt of serial number only the GR will be done otherwise without physically having the same how one can do GR for that serial number against production order/Purchase order/GR without ref

Once the serial number issued to customer change the status to ECUS so that whenever you do GR system should throw an warning message as below,change it to error message

Message no. IO203,Message no. IO203

"System status ECUS is active (EQU 3400123)

Check the status of serial number 3400123 ",

Then you need to change the status as AVLB and do GR

Take the help of your ABAPer for more inputs

Regards

Amuthan M

itp_mka
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the exact same problem - How did you change the warning message IO203 from warning to an error?

Thanks and BR
Manuel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you setting the serial number manually at the time of GR?

Edited by: Eduardo Chagas on Mar 26, 2009 12:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. we are setting the serial number manually at the time of GR.

Regards,

Gowrisankar.p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try changing the status of the serial number ( via IQ08/IQ09) to delete and see if it prevents from being used again.