cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export data from MDM Data Manager to MS Excel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to export data from MDM Data Manager to MS Excel.

One way is to do with Java API.

Steps are:

1> Connecting with MDM Server and Repository using MDM Java API.

2> Selecting the MDM Table and wrtting a Loop on the resulset object to get the

desired no. of records to XLS Sheet.

But I need to do it by Data Manager. In Data Manager there is a File --> Export to --> Excel.

But it showing an error step.

The error is : By Default, some versions of Microsoft Excel do not permit the execution of Visual Basic Micros, which MDM uses to properly create the export file. To change the setting, open Excel and perform the following steps, and then rerun the export from within MDM:

1. From the Excel main menu, select Tools > Macro > Security.

2. In the Security dialog, click the Trusted Sources/Trusted Publisher Tab.

3. Click to enable the Trust Access to Visual Basic Project check box.

I did those steps but it is still showing that error.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KUSHIK,

i had a similar issue. After doing the security setting for excel please log off and then log on again.

IT should work.

Regards

Bis

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I tried the security setting and it worked. It should work for you. Please let me know if your issue got resolved or not.

If Yes, please close this thread.

Thanks & Regards

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik ,

This step wise procedure should work,

After making and saving the necessary settings close the MDM data manager and open it again.

It should work.

Hope you are not using the Microsoft 2007 edition.I am not sure if this could be a problem,but if the error still persist we can guess that, this can be a reason as MDM does not work with the 2007 edition.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kaushik!

Setting Security in order to use our workbooks

You must set Security properly to use workbooks. There are TWO steps:

1) Set Security to Medium.

2) Set Trust Access to Visual Basic Project on.

With every new version of Excel , Microsoft is adding new security enhancements. While tighter security protects you from viruses, it also prevents you from using powerful third-party applications and routines within Excel.

With highest security, Excel workbooks may generate error messages such as u201CCanu2019t find Project or Libraryu201D or u201CProgrammatic Access Denied.u201D

If this happens to you, it may be a security issue. In the latest versions of Excel, two security options must be properly set. Pull down the Tools menu, click Macro, and click Security. This will bring up the Security dialog box.

1) Set Security to Medium.

Make sure that security is set to Medium. If it is set on High or Very High, it must be changed or the Visual Basic code in our workbooks will not work.

2) Set Trust Access to Visual Basic Project on.

Click the Trusted Sources or Trusted Publishers tab and make sure the Trust Access to Visual Basic Project is checkmarked. If not, it must be clicked on,or Visual Basic code will not work.

If problem persists follow this link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q282830/

Hope it helps!!

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

You need to perform the mentioned steps only. After making modifications save the changes and close the file. Now try to perform the Export, it should work.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja