cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error detected by export DLL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running a .NET 3.5 application designed in Visual Studio 2008 using VB 2008. My output is done through CR with the data coming from data objects. The application works smoothly and has for some time. Occasionally, one workstation will start to crash when CR goes to create the .DOC and .PDF files that my system creates. The only way that I have found to resolve the issue is to delete the profile of the user that is logged on and to have them log on again and create a new profile. The error message says:

Error Message:

Error in File C:\DOCUME1\DermTS\LOCALS1\Temp\4\temp_c5f9d6a6-1879-4d41-b8b2-b58c584c6a4e {88DD700A-B359-4C4F-AEA5-77431243050A}.rpt:

Error detected by export DLL:

HelpLink:

Source: CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion

Target (Method): Boolean ThrowDotNetException(System.Exception)

Inner Message:

Error in File C:\DOCUME1\DermTS\LOCALS1\Temp\4\temp_c5f9d6a6-1879-4d41-b8b2-b58c584c6a4e {88DD700A-B359-4C4F-AEA5-77431243050A}.rpt:

Error detected by export DLL:

Stack Trace: at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export()

at Workflow_WPF.ReportPrinting.CreatePrimaryRL_TempFiles(objVisitData WorkingData)

Is there a better way to address this issue than deleting the current user's profile?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

This may be permission issue. Domain users need access to "C\Windows\Temp directory"and to the report directory.

Issue is on Development or deployment environment?

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. We looked into this, but determined that there is no file permission issue.

This app works for months on any given workstation. In two cases now, this has happened. Simply logging on as another user and then deleting and recreating the affected profile has solved the problem. We use the same user with the same file permissions.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are closing and disposing of the report object when you are done with it. Also, if you are using datasets, ensure these are also cleaned up periodically.

And, make sure you have the latest Service pack for CR 2008. The SP is here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100010503722008E/cr2008_sp1.exe

and SP1 msm / msi files are noted in [this|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsforVisualStudio.NETRuntimeDistribution-Versions9.1to12.0] wiki.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the problem when i export the crystal report to excel (it works for other type like pdf, doc export) from my client PC running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.

Development pc:

Application development tool: VS2005

Application type: C# windows Application

Crystal report version : 10.2.3600.0

Development PC: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (no problem to export report in any types)

Client PC:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

Crystal report framework: CRRedist2005_x86.msi

Please help.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are using SP 1 for CR 10.2:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006007872008E/crvs05sp1.exe

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My development PC is already installed with the crvs05sp1.exe since past 2 years. (which was advised by this forum on the thread "VS2005 Crystal Report Print Report Button is not working on Windows 7 x64")

I checked the client PC c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\ directory, it produces temp_xxxxxx{xxxx}.rpt file each time i run the crystal report. Where it doesn't happen on my development pc.

Sometime the export to excel is successful after i deleted all the temp.rpt files or i repair CRRedist2005_x86.msi . But not successful after several test.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked the client PC c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\ directory, it produces temp_xxxxxx{xxxx}.rpt file each time i run the crystal report. Where it doesn't happen on my development pc.

That is rather strange as CR should always create temp files. The engine never really uses the report file it's self (other than open, create temp files). It may be interesting to compare the files loading on your dev computer as opposed to the runtime computer. Use Modules for that, see if there are any differences.

A question; does the same thing happen on all export format types?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry my mistake, my development pc does produce temp rpt files as per attached... these files are created upon running the CR on report viewer mode.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivian

This still applies:

Use Modules for that, see if there are any differences. 

Also, on your development computer, make sure that the temp directory has read / write permissions.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

The error will happen on export to Excel format type only.

Will update you when i got the result from Modules.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I run the Modules on my development PC (Win 7 Prof x64) but can't find my application POS.EXE from the ALL PROCESSES Folder. So i did it on my another PC (Win Vista x32) to capture the .mdl file where it has no problem to export excel file to compare with my client PC.

The result in the Different folder is a long list, since there are in 2 different OS, i got the long list and not sure which module is having problem.

Please advice.

Answers (0)