cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Failed To Open Connection' From Business Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to publish a report to the BO Enterprise but when I click on it from there the message says Failed To Open Connection : Name of the Report

Does anyone know what this means and how I might be able to view it from BO Enterprise.

It works from my local PC (not on the enterprise)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you are talking about a crystal report here. Which kind of data source are you using in your report?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stratos,

It's an ODBC to an SQL database

Ben

Edited by: Ben_Klein on Apr 6, 2009 11:23 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

is the ODBC connection also defined (with the same DSN) on your BOBJ server?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like I need to ask how do I do that.

From the InfoView I dont see any database connection links, just folders for reports.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you must do it directly on your server. This is not a BOBJ issue. When you publish a report in BO then the data source must be accessible from your server since the reports run on the server itself. Please ask your administrator to setup the ODBC connection as needed on the machine the BO server runs on.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I'll ask him and let you know.

Edited by: Ben_Klein on Apr 6, 2009 11:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast response

Edited by: Ben_Klein on Apr 7, 2009 4:34 PM

Edited by: Ben_Klein on Apr 7, 2009 4:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing teh same issue, can someone tell me how to do the

setup the ODBC connection in the server.

Few steps that I know is

Ctrl panel -> admintr Tools -> dataSource

but i dont see any driver for mysql connection how do i do this? or I am kind of stuck here.

any information is helpful!

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

go to [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.1.html]. You can download there the mySQL ODBC drivers for Windows.

Please check first thoug the supported platforms document ( [http://service.sap.com/bosap-support] under Documentation->Supported Platforms ) of your BOBJ version to see which version of the MySQL ODBC driver is officially supported for your version.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the guidance, I did the ODBC connection but I still face the same error when I run the report. Also my report parameters show me the data from my local db which I used to design the report.

Should it not prompt values with the database that Its connected too?

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you setup the ODBC connection (using the same name for the DSN) on both your client (where the universe designer runs on) and your server (where BOE runs on)?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok here is what I did:

1. I created the *.rpt file in my local system which is connected to my local database and I saved teh report without data in it.

2. I logged into the CRDC and added this document using ODC with the needed username and pwd.

3. I ran the report and it gives the Failed error.

I dont really get when u say "create the ODBC as the same as DSN ? "

and yes the odbc is in the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also is the username pwdd of the servers or the database? I am thinking its of the server.

0 Kudos

Hi,

does the odbc connection on your server have exactly the same name as the one on your local client?

What do you mean by CRDC?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it has the same name.. and CRDC is Crystal Report.com ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not getting this error when use the odc to upload reports

Document could not be uploaded. Please try again.

I did the ODBC in my local machine and also designed the report using this ODBC in the CRystal report XI .

what could cause the error?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was not aware that we are talking about Crystal OnDemand here. I would suggest to post your question here: [;

Regards,

Stratos