cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP, SPs, SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a little confuse over the term used in patching/upgrade of the SAP Netweaver platform.

1) SP - is it refer as Service Pack or Support Package? What is its usage?

2) SPs - is it refer as Service Pack stack or Support Package stack? What is its usage?

3) SR - is it refer as Service Release or Support Release? How does it different from SPs and SP?

Thanks.

- julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me picking up the question:

Example:

NetWeaver 7.0 SR 3

=> note 357442 => points to note 789220

Note 789220:

"This delivery contains SAP NetWeaver 7.00 SP Stack 14"

service.sap.com/SP-STACKS

=> Sap NetWeaver 7.0

=> select Target Stack = SAP NETWEAVER 7.0-14

=> Show Stack Information => this gives you the complete list of SP contained in the stack

Rgds,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Yannick_PTT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

thanks for your post that just brought to my attention.

He suggested to mention this blog i've posted a few weeks back, which could provide some more details.

I hope you will find it useful.

best, Yannick

SAP S/4HANA on premise edition: FPS versus SPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SP = Support Package (= patch for a specific component)

SPS = Support Package Stack (= supported combination of patches for all components)

SR = Support Release (= installation/upgrade media that incorporate a certain Support Package Stack level). Note: an SR is sometimes referred to as a "Service Release" but this is not accepted SAP terminology

The number of an SP Stack is normally the same as the number of the SP of its "main" component, for example NetWeaver 7.0 SP Stack 18 will contain SAP_BASIS support package 18. Numbers of other components may differ.

Support Releases are numbered sequentially (SR1, SR2, ...). To find the SP Stack included in an SR use note 357442.

Hope this helps,

Mark

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service Pack is a term used by Microsoft.... when speaking about SAP we use support packages.

Support Release is just the Release of the component... is 470, 610, 620, 630, 640, 700, etc.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Support Release is just the Release of the component... is 470, 610, 620, 630, 640, 700, etc.

Is the component refer to the components in the ABAP stack only?

How do we interpret SAP Netweaver 7.0.1 SR1 SP3?

Thanks.

- julius

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My mistake that SR means Release 1, the difference between say SR1 and SR2 its the support pack level that the installation bring as default.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

What is the relationship/differences between SR and SPs then?

Thanks.

- julius