cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx rounding Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I have a BEx query that is rounding my Total Stock Key Figure. The ODS shows the value to be 130.52, but the KF returns value of 131 in BEx. If I do a FRAC(TotalStock), it returns .52 like it should. I can't find where in the query it's rounding. I've checked/changed the KF properties, ODS properties and Object properties, but it continues to return the rounded value. Any other suggesstions?

Thanks!

Angie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This problem is a result of settings on the Unit of Measure config. A quick check is:

1) Do SE16 for table T006 and lookup the settings for UOM associated with your quantity field that is getting rounded.

2) If field ANDEC(Decimal Pl.rnd.) is 0, then it is causing your query output to round off.

The fix is to go through config on the source system, make the change and then replicate global settings for UOM to BW.

This config is via transaction CUNI, or through SPRO, General Settings, Check units of Measurement. Click on Units of Measurement, locate the unit that needs to be changed and go to detail view. On that screen in the lower half you see the setting "Decimal Pl. Rounding".

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineet,

I've changed the ANDEC field, but not clear on how to replicate global settings for UOM to BW. Can you be more specific? Thank you!

Angie

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In BW, RSA1, Select Source Systems. Right click on your source system and select Transfer Global Settings. Select the appropriate check boxes and radio buttons.

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

excellent it solved our issue too 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angie/Mary,

I cannot find the ANDEC field in T006?? May I know how to change BI side itself?? Does NODIM works for AMOUNT Keyfigure??

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great ... it worked for us too. Thanks!

However, we changed T006 on the BW system only.

Before we go to our R/3 folks to have them change it there, can anyone tell us if there will be any ramifications on the R/3 side?

Thanks,

Mary

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

In the query designer, right click this Key Figure and goto Properties. Here see if there are any decimal places set... try to make it 2 decimal places and then execute the report.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried this. It still brings back 131.00 instead of 130.52.

Angie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have any mathematical functions written on this KeyFigure ? Check out.

GSM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand your question, but I'm bringing it straight into the query. I've created another KF by using the FRAC(Total Stock) to get the fractional part. It does return the .52.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with <b>NODIM</b>(Total Stock). NODIM function is available under Data Functions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know whether the note 866505 is useful or not?

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Nodim worked. But I'd still like to know why BEx is rounding. Thank you for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil Kumar Sharma,

I have my basis guy looking into note 866505. But I'm not sure thats the issue. The ODS is holding the fractional quantity, and BEx is rounding it. So I believe the problem lies in BEx, not in translation. But I could be wrong! I'll let you know. Thank you!

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

can you let us know your KF properties?aggragation,Cummulative/non cumulative....etc..?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

QUAN - Quantity Field

Unit / Currency - 0BASE_UOM

Aggregation - SUM

Exception Aggregation - LAST VALUE

Agg.Referen.Char - 0CALDAY

Cumulative Value

Decimal Places - 0.000

Diplay - 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angie,

Whenever you change decimal places in the query properties, you need to run the query (click on the tick), as opposed to saving it (disc icon) and refreshing it from the excel side.

Regards,

Fred.