cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Cannot save DataSource 3.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, We are on BI 7.0 support pack 20. I am getting the below error while running the program RSTCC_ACTIVATEADMINCOCKPIT_NEW to intall/activate the Admin Cockpit.

Cannot save DataSource 3.x 0TCTBWOBJCT_ATTR(STG-010)

Message no. RSAOLTP077

Diagnosis

Cannot save DataSource 3.x (R3TR ISFS) on the database, since a DataSource (R3TR RSDS) already exists with the same name.

Procedure

If you want to recreate the DataSource, choose a different name.

Thanks!

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the first time this is being installed ? also looks like you have installed the same and have tried migrating the same. Not sure if there was some change or some migration was tried out - try deleting all the technical content and making sure that it is all deleted and then try again - especially for the infosources / transfer rules...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun! Nope, I had installed it earlier but there were issues with installing the Admin cockpit as we were on lower support pack. Now I am installing it again and I get this error.

I was amazed to see this error as no migration has been done. Last time the program itself installed the technical content so it shouldn't have migrated.

Plus do you think if there is a program to delete the technical content? Manual deletion of all technical content will be tough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Deleted the datasource, Infosource(including the transfer rules & PSA) for the Infoobject 0TCTBWOBJCT which has the error and reran the program and still getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how this and few others technical content datasources got migrated. Seems to me like a bug. But I resolved my issue by restoring these datasources to 3.x in tcode RSDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried restoring the DataSource from my ECC system and the error I received was:

Creation of DataSources for SAP source system

(SourceSystem) is not permitted.

I clicked on the ? mark and recieved this following information

Creation of DataSources for SAP source system (SourceSystem) is not permitted

Message no. RSDS057

Diagnosis

You want to create a DataSource in a replicating source system (SAP source system, BI system, Myself system).

System Response

You cannot directly create DataSources for replicating source systems in BI.

The system terminates the process.

Procedure

Create the DataSources for the replicating source systems in the source system itself (SAP source system, BI system, Myself system) using Customizing Extractors (transaction SBIW).

When you replicate the DataSources to the BI system, the system displays them in theDataSource tree in the Data Warehousing Workbench.

I am getting the exact error as the original poster (Cannot Save DataSource 3.x) but am not able to resolve it. Any other ideas? when I say I try to restore the DS, I click on Create in RSDS