cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 8 when starting extraction program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

First time we are trying to pull CRM data in to BI. when we schedule the ld in BI, it immediately turns red.With error Msg mentioned in subject line.

In rsa3 we are able to extract data perfectly, also if we execute it with BI request id it works fn.

In we02 while tracking the IDOC movements , i observe that the very first inbound - transission is red.

Also the back ground job BI<REQUEST_ID> which should get executed in sm37 , doesnt happen at all, instead it remains in scheduled state , for timing tried to manually make it run immediately but then its too late as Bi jb has already turned red.

Hw cn we fix this issue.extraction jb that get triggered usually is SBIE0001. I have already cross checked the the roles for back grd user ALEREMOTE to have minimum role's.

Recently i tried getting info frm sm21 system log i src system CR1-were it say's "BP_JOB_MODIFY -job cannot be modified reason-BI<REQUEST_ID> contains invalid character"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Go to RSA1 and then to Source Systems and then right click on your source system and Check....verify that the result is Green...

2. In Sm37 verifiy if theres a Cancelled job for extraction....and check the reason

3. Verifiy in ST22 on both systems and check if thers a dump....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check if your datasource coneection works fine???

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i check that? After we execute the back ground job the rec's seen on Bi side but the technical status is already turned red.