Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make database table WRITE PROTECTED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The table TRDIR is write protected. One cannot chahge the content of that table using MODIFY or UPDATE Statemnt.

I want this write protection in my ZABC table also.

please suggest me how to do this..;

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TRDIR is not a database table...

its database view

and the maintenance status for it is assigned to read only... and also the data browser setting is mentions as Display/Maintenance allowed with restriction...

so if you want the same for your z table make a custom view for it and give the same setting no body can change the entries in the view....

Regards,

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all other SAP tables if they are not views we can use modify or update statements on them....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the maintenance in SE11 as "Display/Maintenance Allowed with restrictions" or "Display/Maintenance not Allowed".

By the way TRDIR is a view and hence it cannot be changed.

Thanks,

Sowmya

0 Kudos

In SE11 you can set the options for the table as not modifiable. Then if it will be for example on production system, just transports can insert any rows there.

BTW why do you need a table without possibility to enter any rows? Such table will be always empty, or?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make use of AUTHORIZATION GROUPS. Create one in SE54. All those in this authorization group will not be able to modify it. The main settings will be done by your Basis guy.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhay