cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just upgraded my webapps to use CR4E SP1. Every time I view a report, I get the following error. What am I missing?

[2009-05-08 10:49:56,826] ERROR com.crystaldecisions.reports.common Failed to load the resource 'InternalFormatterException' from the bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@d5f6e9.

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key InternalFormatterException

at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:384)

at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:344)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.CrystalResources.loadString(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.CrystalResources.loadMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.CrystalResourcesFactory.getLocalizedMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.CrystalException.getLocalizedMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.for(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.int(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.a(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent$a.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.CommunicationChannel.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ds.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.export(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.AdvancedReportSource.export(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.reportengineinterface.JPEReportSource.export(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.bh.a(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.o.a(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.bw.broadcast(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.am.a(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.a.t.if(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.e.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.report.web.ServerControl.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.ReportExportControl.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.report.web.ServerControl.processHttpRequest(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.jsp.reporting.exporter_jsp._jspService(exporter_jsp.java:248)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Jessica, we have this same error. Did you fix yours? Thanks, Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul -

Unfortunately not. I still get the error pretty much every day. I tried to turn on debugging, but my logs grow to be 10GB+. I'm sort of at a loss. If I had the source to the reporting engine, I could debug it, but at this point I have absolutely no idea what's causing the problem. I'm not seeing any errors that happen before this one. One of the earlier replies suggested that there is a problem that's causing something to look for this properties bundle. The only error I see, though, is this one. It's frustrating not to be able to figure this out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that your application meets the supported platform.

Check the JDK version and the application server version you are using to deploy your application.

Here is the supported platform list:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/20c69834-cfc4-2b10-da81-960222254295&overrid...

Regards,

Neeraj

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

Any way you can configure Log4J appender - such as a RollingFileAppender - to get restricted size logging files?

It's been a while, and I've completely forgotten how, but I've previously written custom Log4J appender classes to try and flag specific issues...

Just want to find the context within which the problem happens.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running Tomcat 6.0.10_05 with Java 1.6.0_03.

I've tried configuring a RollingFileAppender, but I can't get it to roll over. The files continue to grow. The best that I've been able to do so far is a daily rolling file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've finally found where this error is coming from. It happens when I'm exporting and haven't set all the parameters yet. The user is prompted for the parameters as expected, but this error appears in my logs.

The code JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(Throwable) is being passed the following variable:

arg0	InternalFormatterException  (id=20640)	
	cause	MissingParameterValuesException  (id=20713)	
	debugString	"" (id=20612)	
	detailMessage	"com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.MissingParameterValuesException: Some parameters are missing values" (id=20716)	
	originalCrystalThrowable	null	
	resourceKey	"InternalFormatterException" (id=20637)	
	resourcesFactory	CrystalResourcesFactory  (id=20639)	
	rootCauseID	"JRC00003400" (id=20723)	
	stackTrace	null	
	substitutionStrings	null	

This then calls InternalFormatterException(CrystalException).getLocalizedMessage(Locale)

which calls CrystalResources.loadMessage(String, Object...)

which calls CrystalResources.loadString(String)

which calls PropertyResourceBundle(ResourceBundle).getString(String)

which calls PropertyResourceBundle(ResourceBundle).getObject(String)

At that point, you get a MissingResourceException.

I'm not sure why it can't just give me the MissingParameterValuesException and be done with it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using any kind of resource bundle in your application?

Thanks,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I'm not using any resource bundles elsewhere in my application. If you look at the stack trace, the error is coming from the method com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.CrystalResources.loadString().

Former Member
0 Kudos

well I would suggest you to check your CrystalCommon2.jar version or replace it with latest version.

Thanks,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version of CrystalCommon2.jar that I'm using is the one that was placed into a new Crystal Reports project in Eclipse. I installed a new version of Eclipse with the CR4E plugin in it. I created a project, which installed all of the necessary libraries into WEB-INF/lib.

Is anyone seeing the same problem? Is there something I'm missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of eclipse are you using in which you have added pulg-in?

Thanks,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eclipse version 3.4.2

Crystal Reports for Eclipse version 2.0.1.r566

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Try to view report just using CR4E SP1 jars without integrating plugin into the Eclipse 3.4

2. You can build war file and deploy outside of IDE and then observe the results.

Thanks,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I've done all along. I'm not running this inside Eclipse. I'm running it in a web app outside Eclipse that I've added the jars to.

Is there anyone from Business Objects/SAP monitoring these threads? If so, can you have someone look into what this bundle issue is about?

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the stack trace is indicating that some internal exception was thrown, and it looked for a localized error message in a PropertyBundle, but couldn't find it and threw an error for that. So the original issue is obscured.

Would you have Log4J logging for that failure timeframe? It may help narrow things down.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll change the level to debug for all CR4E stuff and collect those logs when the issue happens again.