cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAN/UPC field in sales order is grey field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

when i am creating Sales Order, EAN/UPC field is grey field i cannot enter any value in that.

I want to used these field, then how i can use these field.

Also is there any specific purpose for the EAN/UPC field,where it is used.

Regards,

PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hueychin_liew
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Within Sales Order, EAN/UPC is selected from material master, maintained

in main data of Basic Data 1 (main tab!) - and not from additional data

tabs (neither from 'Unit of measure', nor from 'Additional EANs' tab).

Hope this is helpful to you.

Best regards,

HC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for Your reply.

Now if i enter in material master it will come in sales order but i want to change these field in sales order. it still grey. is there any solution to remove it from grey and i can enter input value for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

PM,

What our Friend said is correct it comes from Material master- Basic data 1 view. But for this you will have to do proceed with configuration settings in

IMG --> Logistics General --> Settings for Key Fields --> International Article numbers (EAN)

a. You will have to define number of ranges for EANs/UPCs

b. Define Prefixes

c. Define Attributes - (Define number or EAN CAtegories) its here you need to maintain internal or external

d. Define no ranges for perishables

you can maintain data internally or externally based on your config settings. I have tried it in my material master maintained EA - perishable EA Category in MM automatically an internal no got assigned in EAN field after saving i raise a sales order the no. is reflecting in my sales order item details under sales tab - field.

try it..

Regards

Sathya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) in manufacturing Industry there is lot of goods 1) Trading good 2) fnished goods 3) semi-finished goods

4) Packing Material.

2) every Mareialthere is material type f or Trading goods HAWA in that material type there is feld contol

whether any field is 'Required' 'Optional' or supress, Display' based on setting it will appear eaither in customer or sales order.

3) if they made setting in material type EAN / only display mode you can not enter anything in sales order.

i hope you have under stood.

thanks

Surya

roger_reeves1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The field is greyed out - nothing you can do about that.

There is a way around this.

The solution is to set up a material determination record in VB11.

The EAN material code is linked to your internal material code.

When the user has the VA01 transaction open and the cursor in the 'material' field - the barcode reader will read the EAN and automatically retrieve your internal material number (using the material determination record you have set up).

Regards,

Roger