Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multivalue Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two queries as follows:

query 1 (project info): work_id, project_manager, description, RAG, status, ....

query 2 (project financials): work_id, EET, POCNow, CHE, ....

I am trying to put the follwing columns under one block:

work_id, project_manager, description, RAG, status, EET, POCNow

I was only able to put EET and POCNow in the same block and display value when I created detailed objects for EET, and POCNow since they are from query 2

The block described above exists under a section (created at project sub-group level) and displays these values for a list of projects under each section. For most of the sections, this works totally fine..but for few sections its creation another row in the block at the bottom where it displays #MULTIVALUE

Does someone know what this error specifcally means here as #MULTIVALUE is used quite generaically in many cases.

Appreciate any pointers which will allow me troubleshooting this error

Thanks!

Terri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terri,

Did you merge the dimensions?

Other solution is create a variable with sum(ETT) and use this in the block.

BEst regards,

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Your two queries have one common dimension object. It is work_id.

When coming from the the same universe they will have been merged automatically.

Also I'm assuming that the work_id is unique per project,

so the project_info query returns one row per work_id.

The #multivalue in this case tells you that Webi doesn't know this.

It thinks there are potentially more than one project_manager, description, RAG, status, ....

per work_id. So its these objects that you have to make detail objects.

You tried to do this, only you hooked them up to the wrong dimension object.

They should be details of the (merged) work_id.

Hope this helps

P.S. Note that if the assumption is not true (one project_manager, description, RAG, status, ....

per work_id) the detail object will still show #multivalue. Just like it did now with your detail objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Terry,

#MUlTIVALUE error occurs if one try to put multiple values in a single cell.

The particular cell where you are getting #MULTIVALUE is having expression which returns more than one value.

To avoid this you can follow the belwo steps:-

1> Select the entire block and go to Edit Format >> Under display check the option "Avoid duplicate row aggregration".

OR

2> Check if the value returned by expression has to be some aggregated values then use MAX(), MIN(), AVG(),... functions.

OR

3> We need to write context for this expression.

Let say your variable A displays #MULTIVALUE in the report than use the below context.

Create a Variable B = A foreach(\[Unique Object\])

here \[Unique Object\] refers to the objects that is based on COLUMN that is unique at the Database.

Please try one of the above which suits your requirement

Let me know if this works OR else please let me know how the data looks like and what is the value expected in that particular cell where error is observed.

Thanks,

Madhu.