cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create Cofiles, Checksum Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing very strange problem while applying patch in Qlt system in one of our landscape. We have been strugling on this for last 7 days. Even Opened OSS message last 4 days back, but still we are working along with SAP and applied the suggestion given by SAP. But not able to apply this patch.

We are trying to apply the patch SAPKH47028. (OS is windows)

When it comes to disassemble phase it gives the following error.

Import phase 'DISASSEMBLE' (15.05.2009, 19:29:59)

Disassemble OCS package SAPKH47028

Use EPS package CSR0120031469_0026108.PAT with OCS file format '03'

Create data file
PRDSERV\sapmnt\trans\data\RH47028.SAP

Create associated cofile...

Error during executing the tp command 'tp CREATECOFILE SAPKH47028 ...'

tp return code: '0016' , tp message: 'A tool used by tp broke down' , tp output:

This is tp version 340.16.45 (release 640)

standard output from tp and from tools called by tp:

This is R3trans.exe version 6.13 (release 640 - 26.02.09 - 07:47:00).

1AETW065 check-sum error in datafile after "2283518" bytes.

2EETW000 Please contact the SAP support.

exiting ...

R3trans.exe finished (0016).

We have carriedout the following activities in system, but no result so far.

01. Referred Note 97633, as per that verified the parameters DIR_TRANS, DIR_EPS_ROOT. There is no issue. Parameters are set correctly.

02. Upgraded the kernel (latest), tp, r3trans, sapcar to latest version and tried, but the same error.

03. Checked by creating the cofile manually using following command from OS.

tp createcofile KH47028 - got the same error

Regards,

Iyyappan MR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume , after upgrading the kernel this is the first time you are applying the SP to the system. I have also faced the similar problem few days back although my OS is in Solaris. revert back to old kernel version, then try to apply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayyapan,

I am also facing same problem with my PI 7.1 system.If your problem is sloved please let me know with solution.

Thanks

Yuvaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The data file might be corrupted. You can try to recreate this by disassembling the support package manually so that it recreates the data and the cofile. You can do this in transaction spam UTILITIES --> Disassemble support package and then indicate the support package that you are trying to import.

Best Regards,

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

kindly check the permission of trans directory.

is directory having full permission.

i hope this will work.

Regards

Radha krishna

Basis Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

i checked the user authorisation of trans folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After reading this ,I can see think of some possibilties

1. in error itself it says contact SAP support

May be since this is old release ,there can be possibility that the file on SMP is not proper

2. Please transfer the files given by SAp properly and try again

3. In windows somtimes some very strange problem occurs .i faced one of such while installing one system some years ago

The reboot was final option for me then

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using FTP anywhere please try with binary format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to my message,

We have carried out the following activities too,

04. Removed from TMS domain controller and made it as a local domain controller. Post which tried to apply patch, but same error.

05. Applied other patches which are less than in size (<5mb), its getting applied successfully. But the APPL patch SAPKH47028 which is 40MB around is not getting applied. Also point no (01) is rulled out for cause of this problem as the patch with less than 5mb is getting applied successfully.

06. R3trans -l KH47028.sap gives following error.

1AETW065 check-sum error in datafile after "9752592" bytes.

2EETW000 Please contact the SAP support.

4 ETW000 End of Transport (0016).

4 ETW000 date&time: 15.05.2009 - 20:38:10

4 ETW000 1 error occured.

07. While uncaring the file in the same server it gives checksum error, hence we uncar the file on different server and moved the PAT and ATT file to IN folder and tried, but no result.

08. SAP has sent the PAT and ATT file after uncaring the said patch, but still the error was same.

09. We could have downloaded this patch morethan 5 times from SMP and tried extracting this in different locations, servers. but not able to apply.

10. Felt there may be a disk problem, then we re-configured the RAID and then tried applying the patch, but no result. Even checked the size of the files by uncaring in different location, but there is no difference in size.

Now the last option which we are looking at is providing internet access on the same server and download the patch and then try to apply.

Any suggestion on this pls.

Regards,

Iyyappan MR

Former Member
0 Kudos

On our one of the landscapes which has OS as Windows, we are using the 'internet only on the Server' for patch download things

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I suggest you to download the SP in question and check its "check Sum" Number with any utility freely available on the net and verify the same on SAP market place. Once you are sure that the download file is correct, then I believe you can look into other areas.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest downloading SP's through dlmanager and use the latest tools provided in the new kernel.

SPAM/SAINT and the Kernel should be updated prior to SP deployment

-Damien