Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Idea on ZEBRA Printer Configuration in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

Have some problem with Printing from SAP Scripts to Zebra Printer. All the configuration is done both on SAP side and Zebra side. But I am not able to get a print.

In SP01 I am getting an error "Internal error when printing"

We are using printer ZEBRA 105SL and Device Type is LB_ZEB in SAP 4.7 version.

Thanks & Regards,

Joseph.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YJR,

Working with Zebra Printer are trouble some at time. Here is what you can try.

1). Try to test print directly from the BARONE design tool and see if the printer is able to print the label directly without SAP.

2). Check the printer IP address. Your basis guy can help you setup a printer based on the IP type.

3). Check the access sequence used in the SPAD. The access sequence plays a major role.

Let me know if one of this options helps you.

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

0 Kudos

Hi VJ/Simha,

The Label is getting printed directly without SAP.

In SPAD Transaction gave the Printer Name and other settings.

We are using BAR-ONE software for just desingning the Labels.

Rgds,

YJR.

0 Kudos

Hi YJR,

SO when you print from SAP do you still get error or is it partially printing?

VJ

0 Kudos

I still get the error and it say's "Internal Error when printing"

0 Kudos

Hi..

Most of the problems with Zebra Printer comes if it is not properly configured in SAP.If at all you are stuck up at that level, may be the following steps help you:

The dimensions of our label are 180(width) x 253(height)

The printing of the label depends on the way it is designed.

Tcode SPAD

1. Create the Page format(ZLABEL) with the reqd dimensions:

Portrait

Width 180 MM

Height 253 MM

2. Assign the created page format to a Format type(ZLABEL)

3. Copy the device type LB_ZEB to ZLB_ZEB

Device type ZSWIN attributes:

Version 133

Driver: Line Printer Driver II

Page Printer checkbox is not checked

The rest, take the default values (Character set 1162 – All special characters are printed if u use this character set)

4. Attach the Device type to an Output device

Device type is ZLB_ZEB

Device class is Standard Printer

Host printer access method is F (Front end printer)

Host Printer is __Default

Barcode printing on Zebra printer is done using the third-party tool called Bar-One, in which you can design the layout , download it as an ITF file and upload it as a standard text in SO10 and include this in the Script in SE71.

It's easy to use BAR-ONE generated script rather than coding it by yourself.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a difficult task but here is what you can try out.

1). Open your SAPLPD( sap printer daemon ) from Programs - SAP Front end - SAPLPD

2). Once this is running try to test print again

3). If it still does not work then try to request your basis to set up the zebra printer as a local printer and then configuere your IP address and try to test print.

4). If still it gives an error then you will need to check if you are having the required drivers specific to your printer model.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi/VJ,

I tried out the below steps but still I get the same error "Internal Error when Printing". Anyhow thanks a Lot and will check out with my Basis Boyz.

Thanks & Regards,

YJR

0 Kudos

This thread is a year old, but did anyone happen to find a solution to the "Internal Error When Printing" when trying to print to a Zebra printer. We are converting from 46c to 47 and are having the same problem.

0 Kudos

I had created the smartforms with barcode, at the beginning I used the page format DINA4 and the basis also didn't do any configuration except adding the output device to the Zebra printer, it works very well 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday when I tried to modify the smartforms, the printer can still print the label, but move to the 2 pages instead of 1 page even I reduce my smartforms to print 1 line. I created the page format based on the label like 154cm*128cm, the related format type and output device.

Is the problem of the configuration of Zebra printer or the smartform? Did the basis miss some step?

Can somebody help me?

Xiaohong

Simha_
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

By what way ur printing the barcode??

By using the software given by the printer side or designing the sapscript itself??

Can u give the detailed information.

I can help u??

Regards,

Simha.