cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while initializing the work area SYST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we did a kernel upgrade in NW 2004 from Kernel 640 to Kernel 700.

At Os Level SAP and Oracle started.

when we try starting the SAP,

it shows the following error : error while initializing the work area SYST

Thanks in Aavance,

Satish T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sathis,

Did you get the solution for this? if so, could you please share the same with me. I also got same error after installing the SAP. From OS level everything looks fine but getting the same error while trying to login from SAP GUI as you reported.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Meda

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Did you get the solution for this? if so, could you please share the same with me. I also got same error after installing the SAP. From OS level everything looks fine but getting the same error while trying to login from SAP GUI as you reported.

The answer is simple: Use the proper kernel

If this is a new installed system and you can't logon please post the logfile dev_w0 here.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Doehr,

Thanks a lot for the swift response on this. Yes it was the probelm with the Kernel mismatch. We corrected it and its working fine now.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had run into this issue during upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. I had the 701 kenel in exe and DVBMGSXX/exe but it was looking for 4.7 kenel. OnceI cleaned these places and put back 4.7 kernel and put back the directory structure by removing nuc and uc and hpia64, SAP came up and proceeded to the next Phases in SAPup.ECO log file.

The reason was the directory new sturcture now has nuc and uc directories and the SAPup uses temporary profile DIR_CT_RUN and sapcpe to check for kernel changes and tries to copy to DVEMBGSXX/exe. Hopefully it stays up now

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you'd better re-install that BW instance to netweaver 7.0... then do the refresh.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can'T do that.

To upgrade frm 6.40 to 7.00 you need to do an upgrade of the ABAP too.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

we did that kernel upgrade for doing the system refresh from BI 7.0 to BW 3.5.

will the system will start working after the system refresh is done ?

Thanks in advance,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think you can copy from BI 7.0 to BW 3.5. Please check the system copy guides for more details.