cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrear wage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to create Arrear wage type in SAP, So for arrear wage type is there any different processing class than normal wage type.

Second thing how SAP will recognise that this is arrear wage type and in next pay period how SAP will consider for further deductions from net pay.

Please elaborate on this.

Will give you good points for good answer.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If you talk about arrears, then the same WT will go to arrear table and there is no need to create another WT for arrear bucket.

If you are talking about Wage Types for Deductions with Balances and Totals then you need to link them in T51P1 table. First you link WT with balance wt and then Balance WT with Total WT.

10 to link a deduction wage type to a balance wage type, or

11 to link a balance wage type to a totals wage type.

a) Configure your deduction wage types in the following manner.

Processing class 05 - (empty)

Processing class 06 - 0 (Wage type will not be transferred)

Processing class 20 - 1 (Pass on unchanged)

Processing class 50 - 1 (WT is processed as deduction/donation)

b) Configure your balance wage types in the following manner.

Processing class 06 - 1 (WT will be taken from previous payroll)

Processing class 20 - 7 (Pass on in summarized form)

Processing class 50 - 2 (Wage type is processed as balance)

c) Configure your totals wage types in the following manner.

Processing class 06 - 1 (WT will be taken from previous payroll)

Processing class 20 - 7 (Pass on in summarized form)

Processing class 50 - (empty)

Hope this will resolve your doubt.

best regards

guds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gud,

I am almost clear but how arrear will be displayed in payslip. bcos cumulative arrears will create cofusion for user.

Second thing if I want to create new arrear wage type then what is the procedure.

Thanks,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

You will have two line items if theer are any arrears which gets deducted in current period with the current period deduction.

For second point you need to check some model WT for referencing and can copy the model WT which meets your requirement to the nearest to create your one. TCODE is OH11.

regards

guds

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u are in indian pay rolll

u need to check the PCRs IN41 IN42 IN43

Arrears and Arrears deductions are different

and rest Check with Guds there will not be any change in PCL

Former Member
0 Kudos

sikindar,

I am in US Payroll.

Thanks,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The Wagetype will be the deduction WT and will have same values for processing class as other deduction WT

Also alogwith it maintain table V_T51P6 (Set priorities for arrears)

SPRO-> IMG -> PAYROLL -> PAYROLL USA -> DEDUCTIONS -> Priorities and Arrears -> Set priorities for arrears

Priority of wage type

eg: A Priority value is A (highest)

B Priority value is B

Arrears Characteristic Usually you can have 3 or 6 or as per client requirement.

The above value will create an entyry in ARREARS table in pay result as per the value you have given and accordingly it will treated in next payroll run

SPRO-> IMG -> PAYROLL -> PAYROLL USA -> DEDUCTIONS -> Priorities and Arrears -> Check wage type group 'Deduction for Arrears'

In this step, you assign your wage types to a wage type group. All arrears deductions must be assigned to wage type group 'Deductions for arrears'.

The wage type calatog for deductions has been created in the personnel administration section of the implementation guide.

SPRO-> IMG -> PAYROLL -> PAYROLL USA -> DEDUCTIONS -> Priorities and Arrears -> Maintain arrears for retrocalculation

In this step you determine how arrears of deductions are handled during retrocalculation. To do this you must assign values for retrocalculation to deductions wage types.

During a retrocalculation the same deduction amount is taken as was taken in the original payroll run, irrespective of whether it would have been changed retroactively.

For this reason, you need to determine how the difference between the old and the new deduction amount is to be treated. It may be transferred entirely or only if it is a negative/positive amount to the next payroll period, or it may be ignored.

Differences are transferred using the arrears table.

Example

A deduction amount is decreased retroactively because a limit is reached. You want the negative difference to be carried forward to the next payroll period.

The deduction wage type will need to be assigned value 3 in the field retroactive accounting.

Also check nodes:

Maintain percentage deductions for retrocalculation

Maintain recovery of arrears

These nodes are related to PC 83 and 5 respectively. You can set the values if required as per the requirement or leave the value blank

Except these also check PC 50 and 66 values

Hope this wud help and if any further queries let me know.

Guds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guds,

Thanks very much for quick response, one more thing how SAP know that if deduction amount is less than net pay then how it will go to arrear wage type.

SAP takes care automatically or we have to config some where.(I may be asking vague question but I am new for arrear/deduction config)

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Kumar

Edited by: r kumar on May 28, 2009 10:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Once you have done the configuration in T51P6 as mentioned in my earlier response and the PC, SAP will automatically take care of rest. If the deduction can not be taken and is more then net and the value in Arrears field of table T51P6 you have configured as 3 then SAP will deduct what is possible and write rest to arrears and if you entered 6 then either it will deduct full or nothing. In case it can not deduct then it will write the whole amount to arrears.

Hope this will help

guds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gud,

It really helps.

but one doubt is still remaining, how balance amount will go from main wage type(deduction one) to arrears wage type which we have also created for arrear bucket. is there any table which intends connection between wage type main to arrear wage type.

Thanks,

Kumar

Edited by: r kumar on May 28, 2009 12:47 PM