Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison between two systems

vimal_kumar4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If we want to find out, if there is any difference exists, for our custom program or function module between development system and quality system, we use Utilities -> Version -> Version Management.

Is there any standard program or facility available to do the comparison of more than 1500 programs, function modules and their includes etc between say development system and quality, rather than doing it manually using Utilities -> Version -> Version Management.

OR If any body has any custom program developed to do such exercise, please could you share it with me.

Regards

Vimal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

USE TRANSACTION SCMP TO COMPARE TABLE VRSD BETWEEN TEO SYSTEMS

OBJECT TYPE REPS FOR PROGRAM FUNC FOR THE FUNCTIONS

8 REPLIES 8

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No there is no standard one to do that...but you can write a small program to compare them bye Checking VRSD table in both the systems.

Don't use TADIR/TRDIR for the same as they contain active version informatiom and not actual version informations.

Search SE37 for TABLEENTERRFC and use that FM to read table data from remote system.

vimal_kumar4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. I am not able to find any function module with TABLEENTERRFC. Please advise FM to read table data from remote system.

Regards

Vimal

0 Kudos

Use FM TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC

0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

A standard RFC-fm is TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC. However, it has certain limitations.

It depends on what you need to select: the BAPI is a RFC so if there's a BAPI selects the data you need it's better to use the BAPI then to create a new fm.

Just as Uwe wrote

U can use the std rfc TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC in order to select the data from a table not managed by a BAPI.

If there isn't a BAPI and it can't ue TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC, u need to consider to create a new one.

see the below Function modules which help to fetch data from another system ..

RFC_READ_TABLE " External access to R/3 tables via RFC

"this function module is used for table which is having max 40 fields and unlimited records..

RFC_GET_TABLE_ENTRIES "Read table entries unlimited fields and data

• call the FM like this

• Calling RFC to get Table entries from Destination 'AVP'

CALL FUNCTION 'RFC_GET_TABLE_ENTRIES' DESTINATION 'AVP'

please be aware that enabling remote selection of any db table like Fuba ''RFC_GET_TABLE_ENTRIES'' imposes a risk to data security.

If possible avoid enabling free remote queries of be very very cautious regarding possible misuse. In case of doubts stay away of such a technique.

Help us to help you...

Regards,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

USE TRANSACTION SCMP TO COMPARE TABLE VRSD BETWEEN TEO SYSTEMS

OBJECT TYPE REPS FOR PROGRAM FUNC FOR THE FUNCTIONS

vimal_kumar4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Thanks for all your replies. I did some manual exercise as follows before developing a program.

I took a couple of custom programs and function modules and

1. checked Version -> Version management in my development system. The transport requests shown under Version -> Version management is matching with VRSD table in development system.

2. The sample custom programs/function modules which I verified in step1, is not present in VRSD table in my quality system.

3. Using remote comparison between dev and quality, when I compare the sample programs and function modules it says "There are no differences in the sources of these versions."

I am slightly confused about step 2. If the object (report or function module) or its related transport request is not present in VRSD table in my quality system, how can I write a small program to do the comparison of VRSD tables. Pls note that there are around 10 clients in my quality system.

Pls advise.

Regards

Vimal

0 Kudos

In step 2 you found the reason why this cannot work as suggested. Version history (table VRSD and others) is normally kept only in the original (i.e. development) system, but not in QA or productive systems.

The standard SAP functionality for comparing objects across systems is very sophisticated and can compare versions in Dev with active objects in the remote system (even when there is no other versions), but it works for one object at a time only, unfortunately.

So far I have not seen a good solution for mass-comparing, I would be very curious to learn about one.

Thomas

0 Kudos

I would use RSSYSCOMP Program, not sure if that will help you.