cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Permit/Classification for Auto Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to setup the automatic Permit Determination function and its not working. I feel that I have done so much to set it up, but that there may be something that I'm overlooking. Would appriciate help greatly.

Created:

CT04

1.) Characteristic "PMACTIVITYTYPE"

-Under "Addnl data" tab:

--Table Name: CSEVPERMIT

--Field Name: ILART

--Not Ready for Input - Checked (later unchecked, same result)

-Under "Restrictions":

--Added 049, later took it out (same result)

-Under "Values":

--left blank (same result - could not change in IMPD)

--clicked on "additional values" (unclicked also, did not work)

--Added values (they would show up as selections, but could not save values)

--where I clicked "default" that of course would show up, but could not be changed.

-Under "Basic data":

--Description defaulted, Chars Group, Released Status

--Data Type defaulted, No of chars defaulted,

--Left at single value

--clicked and unclicked "Entry Required" (both did not work)

--did not add any dependencies

CL02

2.) Class "Permits"

-class Type - 049

-Status - Released

-Added Characteristic "PMActivityType" (it returned a message [green check] saying the following,

"Characteristic PMACTIVITYTYPE is not a reference characteristic in class type 049

Message no. CL 061

Diagnosis

Characteristic PMACTIVITYTYPE is a reference characteristic with a reference to a table field.

The table to which this reference characteristic refers does not belong to the object types of this class type.

This means that no value can be copied from the table field referred to in classification, search, and reporting functions, because the table is not known in the environment of class type 049.

Procedure

Create a characteristic that refers to the object table for which the class type is defined, and assign the characteristic to the class."

in SPRO:

Cross Application Components -> Classification System -> Classes -> Maintain Object Types and Class Types

Object Table: T357G

Class Type 049

Setup 4 Classification Statuses:

-Released

-Incomplete - manual

-Incomplete - system

Permit Category:

PM & CS -> Master Data in PM & CS -> Basic Settings -> Permits -> Define Permit Categories

-Defined 1 only

PM & CS -> Master Data in PM & CS -> Basic Settings -> Permits -> Define Permit Group

-Defined "Permit" as group, assigned Class "Permits"

Tried it

IPMD - Created Several Permits with several scenarios, and could not specify desired activity type - it would not "save".

in all those cases, tried to create work orders with several different activity types, did not issue permits.

I clicked on the "proposal" checkbox, that didn't work

I got online read every help out there, and could not find a solution

I checked SE16 - table T357G - none of the permits had the "Classification" checkbox clicked

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pardon me for not entering in the text in a clearer way - this is my first time posting and there is a lot of information that I want to show; basically that I did all the basics.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

First create characteristic as X with in the additional data specify CSEVPERMIT with field label ILART.

with character format

Then create class which you specified in the Permit class IMG ,and assign the create characteristic .

While creating the permit in IPMD press the classification button and specify the values should be used for automatic determination.The traffic light should be in green colour.

Specify the values of permit as Error:Unless order will not released.

then while creating the order it will be automatically determined

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks thyagarajan,

I did exactly that but I still cannot make any changes to the classification when I am in IPMD

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

what is problem you are facing ,kindly specify ,whether the traffic light is green

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

traffic light is green

when I am in IPMD, in the permit, I click on "classification" - that opens up - I try to specify the value - but it never saves when I go back in - plus, the permit is never called up when I test

Former Member
0 Kudos

I re-formatted this (Please disregard first post, this one is more readable): <p>

<p>

<p>

<p>

Created:<p>

<p>

CT04<p>

1.) Characteristic "PMACTIVITYTYPE"<p>

-Under "Addnl data" tab:<p>

--Table Name: CSEVPERMIT<p>

--Field Name: ILART<p>

--Not Ready for Input - Checked (later unchecked, same result)<p>

<p>

-Under "Restrictions":<p>

--Added 049, later took it out (same result)<p>

<p>

-Under "Values":<p>

--left blank (same result - could not change in IMPD)<p>

--clicked on "additional values" (unclicked also, did not work)<p>

--Added values (they would show up as selections, but could not save values)<p>

--where I clicked "default" that of course would show up, but could not be changed.<p>

<p>

-Under "Basic data":<p>

--Description defaulted, Chars Group, Released Status<p>

--Data Type defaulted, No of chars defaulted, <p>

--Left at single value<p>

--clicked and unclicked "Entry Required" (both did not work)<p>

--did not add any dependencies<p>

<p>

<p>

<p>

<p>

<p>

CL02<p>

2.) Class "Permits"<p>

-class Type - 049<p>

-Status - Released<p>

-Added Characteristic "PMActivityType" (it returned a message [green check] saying the following, <p>

<p>

"Characteristic PMACTIVITYTYPE is not a reference characteristic in class type 049

Message no. CL 061

Diagnosis

Characteristic PMACTIVITYTYPE is a reference characteristic with a reference to a table field.

The table to which this reference characteristic refers does not belong to the object types of this class type.

This means that no value can be copied from the table field referred to in classification, search, and reporting functions, because the table is not known in the environment of class type 049.

Procedure

Create a characteristic that refers to the object table for which the class type is defined, and assign the characteristic to the class."<p>

<p>

<p>

<p>

in SPRO:<p>

<p>

Cross Application Components -> Classification System -> Classes -> Maintain Object Types and Class Types<p>

<p>

Object Table: T357G<p>

Class Type 049<p>

Setup 4 Classification Statuses:<p>

-Released<p>

-Locked<p>

-Incomplete - manual<p>

-Incomplete - system<p>

<p>

Permit Category:<p>

PM & CS -> Master Data in PM & CS -> Basic Settings -> Permits -> Define Permit Categories<p>

-Defined 1 only <p>

PM & CS -> Master Data in PM & CS -> Basic Settings -> Permits -> Define Permit Group<p>

-Defined "Permit" as group, assigned Class "Permits"<p>

<p>

Tried it<p>

<p>

IPMD - Created Several Permits with several scenarios, and could not specify desired activity type - it would not "save".<p>

<p>

in all those cases, tried to create work orders with several different activity types, did not issue permits.<p>

<p>

I clicked on the "proposal" checkbox, that didn't work<p>

<p>

I got online read every help out there, and could not find a solution<p>

<p>

I checked SE16 - table T357G - none of the permits had the "Classification" checkbox clicked<p>

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have done all things right. Please do following steps after that:

--Give order release as you want

--Specify the ILART in classification and press enter then back button it will save your entry.

--Do one thing please do not specify any thing in Restricted use field. Leave it blank and save the permit.I hope your problem will get solved.

--Go to order specify that ILART in order then call permit you will find that permit in permit field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Crishi,<p>

<p>

I have done exactly as you suggested, the following happened:<p>

<p>specifed the Maintenance Activity Type

<p>clicked enter

<p>clicked on back button

<p>did not specify anything in restricted field

<p>

<p>it did not save

<p>

<p>tested anyways, did not save - I should not call it up, it should call up automatically when I go to release (specified setting "2")

<p>

<p>any idea why this is happening?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PMPSMM

Is the permit available for manual assignment?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PeteA, yes it is available

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting any messages when you classifiy the permit in IPMD?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

no messages, I just click on the classification button, attempt to add values, hit the back button, save (it says "already saved"). But when I get out of IPMD, then return, the change(s) are not saved.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've just tried the same thing in my ECC6 system and it worked OK.

Try deleting and re-creating the permit.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did, and it still does not work :S

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you do screen-dumps of the class, characterisitic and permit into a word document, then link it to this post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure, how do we upload to this forum? (if you don't mind me asking) - is there a help section on how to?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upload your document to a web location of your choice.

Then use a hyperlink in this post to reference your document e.g. http://paulboylan.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/evil-smiley-face.jpg

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh ok! I thought there was another process of uploading to this forum<p>

<p>

here are the links:<p>

<p>

<p>

Class & Char Screens:<p>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16086649/Class-and-Char-Screens<p>;

<p>

<p>

Config Screens<p>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16086650/Config-Screens<p>;

<p>

<p>

IPMD Screens<p>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16086651/IPMD-Screens<p>;

Edited by: PMPSMM on Jun 3, 2009 3:24 PM

Edited by: PMPSMM on Jun 3, 2009 3:25 PM

paul_meehan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't spot anything obviously wrong with configuration but I have not looked too close as basic problem appears to be saving the characteristic value in IPMD.

no messages, I just click on the classification button, attempt to add values, hit the back button, save (it says "already saved"). But when I get out of IPMD, then return, the change(s) are not saved.

When you open up the classification screen to adjust the value - then press back there is an automatic save. You do not need to press save. After pressing back there should be a message 'Data was saved'. Does this appears for you or not? If that message does not appear, it looks like the program does not recognise that a value was changed and therefore does not do the save.

I would suggest trying to update this value with transaction CL24N. Enter your class (PERMITS_529) and class type 049. You should then get a list of assignments including the permit. Select this and choose details - 'values for assignment' icon. You can now adjust the characteristic value. Does this save ? or maybe more information visable as to why it does not save.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul:<p>

<p>

The 'Data was saved' message does not appear. Nothing appears at all, so I just tried clicking on Save in hopes of something happening.<p>

<p>

In addition, I tried Transaction CL24N and got the following Message: <p>

<p>

"No allocations found for this class<br>

Message no. CL 408<br>

<br>

Diagnosis<br>

No allocations were found for the class you entered.<br>

<br>

System Response<br>

The system checks the allocations that are effective according to the data you entered.<br>

<br>

Procedure<br>

There may be allocations to the class that are effective under different conditions (date effectivity or parameter effectivity).<br>

<br>

For this reason, try again with different effectivity parameters."

paul_meehan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what is wrong.

One setting I do notice is that on Addnl Data tab in CT04, here the flag 'not ready for input' should be unselected. Maybe try this and see what happens.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, unfortunately that didn't work either

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm running out of suggestions too..

Try recreating a whole new set of data (class, characteristic, permit) and try again.

This may sound stupid but rename your class from PERMITS_529 to CSEVPERMITS...

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pete,

I tried it as well, unfortunately, same result

paul_meehan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be worthwhile trying to use a different field for testing, just in case there is something strange with the ILART field. Maybe try one of the cost fields.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that earlier, (Planned Cost) added >600 as the value in $'s - same result

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the Permit user-exit: IWO10007

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not make any settings regarding user exits

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe not, but has anyone else???

See Tcode SMOD

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

got your point<p>

<p>

<p>I checked SMOD, and based on my limited knowledge of this function, it does not appear to have been changed. Here is what I found:<p>

<p>

<p> Extension - IWO10007

<p> Short Text - Maint.order: Customer enhancement - permits in the order

<p> Administrative Data:

<p> Development Class - IWO1

<p> Original Language - DE

<p> Created by - SAP - No Date in the date field

<p> Last Changed - SAP - No Date in the date field

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do this:

1. Go to SMOD and enter IWO10007

2. Click the Components radio button, then Display button

3. Double-click on EXIT_SAPLCOIH_007

4. Double-click on ZXWOC05

If this user-exit has any code, then you will see it. If it doesn't have any code, then you will get a wanting message which will be something like: "Program name ZX.......". Simply cancel out of this.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

under: FUNCTION EXIT_SAPLCOIH_007.<p>

<p>

<p> *"----

<p> ""Lokale Schnittstelle:

<p> *" IMPORTING

<p> *" VALUE(MOMENT_IMP)

<p> *" VALUE(CAUFVD_IMP) LIKE CAUFVD STRUCTURE CAUFVD

<p> *" VALUE(IND_GEN) LIKE RM63E-INDU

<p> *" EXCEPTIONS

<p> *" ACTION_DENIED

<p> *"----

<p>

<p> INCLUDE ZXWOCU05.

<p>

<p> ENDFUNCTION.

<p>

<p>

<p> When I click on ZXWOCU05, it says, "Includes ZXWOCU05 does not exist."

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, so there's no user-exit code..

Do an SU53 trace to see if its an authorisation issue.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked it, and Authorization is ok

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get another user to create it all again just to ensure its not something to do with your user ID.

Have you tried it with different order types and different system-statuses.

Are there any active user-statuses ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried saving a value in IPMD with another user account - same result<p>

<p>

I tried it with various order types, but if I can't save the value, it shouldn't matter, right?<p>

<p>

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

just try ,enter the value in the classifcation and save .Then display the permit to see the value .if there is no value then do the same process for several times (say 10 times).kindly check

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it and it didn't work <p>

<p>

<p>Also, one thing to note, in IPMD, if you click on "Variable List", there is one column for "Classification". This field is blank for all of my failed permits. I'm assuming that this field should have an "X" in it, right?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get your ABAPers to put a break-point in function module PERMIT_PROPOSAL_BY_CLASS and debug the program.

Note: the permits are only assigned when:

- You press the PERMIT button

- After saving

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the process of it..<p>

<p>

<p>quick question, not sure what you mean by Permit Button, where exactly in IPDM?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry PMPSMM ,

Note: the permits are only assigned when:

- You press the PERMIT button in IW31/32

- After saving IW31/32

Found [OSS Note 331093|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=331093] which describes how to set up these types of permit. You might need to change you class status...

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

so the permits will not be generated automatically? Thx for the note, i'll check it out.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are assigned automatically in a PM/CS order when you enter/change the technical object at the point when:

- Press the PERMIT button in IW31/32

- Press the save button in IW31/32

Have you tried this?

When did you expect the permits to be added to the order?

PeteA

paul_meehan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you solved the issue with saving a value for the characteristic in IPMD ?

Does this entry now contain a maintenance activity type value that matches the order in which you want to assign the permit?

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 331093 did the trick, our ABAP guy actually discovered it around the same time you posted it - you guys must be literally on the same wave length :)<p>

<p>

<p>Pete, I think I misunderstood you - It worked exactly as I had hoped. Created a WO (either with the activity type there, or changed it). The Permit was brought up automatically upon Save, and would not let me Release unless the Permit was issued<p>

<p>Thank you everyone for participating!

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PMPSMM,

Great news - and one of the longest posts I've been on...

You can buy me a beer if ever we meet...

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

and it was my 1st post also -<p>

<p>

<p>for sure the first one is on me

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you make your second post an easy one - my head hurts after this one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Just discovered this post, I am facing the same issue as chuck. I read through all the replies here.

Does this mean that, automatic permit assignment to work it is necessary to be in tcode IW31/IW32 and click on permit button.

How to proceed if I want automatic permit assignment based on maintenance plan or maintenance item as maintained in structure CSEVPERMITS. Because scheduled orders will be created in background and it is not possible to click on permit button during the creation.

** This is working for me only if I assign characteristic 'Maintenance order type' and manually create the order. But not in case if I have used 'Maintenance plan or Maintenance item' and create order using IP10 or IP30.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, this is very old post which has been closed long back. You should not have used this to post your query.

To answer query, Permits can be assigned automatically based on some criteria like equipment, functional location, order cost, or combination of certain field values in PM order.

Check the fields available in CSEVPERMIT table. Using that combination, you can define the permit functionality. If permit is required for specific equipment or functional location always, then you can assign that permit in that master data.