cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in accounting interface -no accounting document generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For a billing document the accounting document is not generated.

The posting status is hsown as "error in accounting interface".

Also the billing date(23rd May) is less than the created on date(2nd June).

I know when we go to the change mode of the billing doc and give the billing date as current date it will realease to accouting.

What I wnat to know is what could be the possible reasons for the billing date being less than created on date and the posting status being "error in accounting interface".

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First please go to ENVIRONMENT--ACCOUNT DETERMINATION ANALYSIS in the billing document. It might show you why the accounting error has occured. And the Billing date comes from the sales order. Even If you create the document today. the billing date would be copied from the preceding document. Please check what date is in the previous document. If you have to open the fi period then you take the help of FI consultant or you can do it on your own in "OB52".(If you choose to use the cuurent date as the billing date and release the document to accounting).

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If the invoice is getting released to account when the date is changed , it means all the settings are correct.

the erro must be in the period , maybe the accouting periods are closed

go to vf02 and clikc on release to accounts . the exact error will be dipalyed at bottom of screen

you can take appropriate actions to correct this else post the meesage , so that suggestions can be given

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnima,

Goto the T.Code VOFA.

Select your billing document type.Deatils.

Check what is the document type maintained there for the field document type which is present in general control tab.It should not be blank.It is the accounting document type.

And also ensure that Posting block check box should be unchecked.

Pls go through the link below:It will be helpful for you.

[Accounting error|]

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

is your billing referenced to the sales order or delivery? in standard, if you do not specify the billing date on creation, the system will take the goods issue date for delivery-related billing.

for order-related billing, it will reference the service rendered date. if there is no entry, then it will try to reference the billing date in the sales order.

as to errors in the interface, there are at least a few i can think of:

1. the profit center per line item in the sales order was not entered/proposed, or that the entry itself was in error

2. the revenue posting based on the original billing date is for a period already closed (however, this opinion is mine and needs to be confirmed by FICO)

3. errors in account determination is also a possible reason, although you have to look at the error message if this is pointed out

hope this helped you.

regards.