cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Keycode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have taken over development on a VB.NET app that uses Crystal Reports XI Developer Edition Release 1. Today when I went to modify one of the reports I got a Crystal Reports error "Invalid Keycode". I tried to put in my registration code (which worked when I initially confgured my machine) and it says it is invalid or expired.

I cannot find the original installation CD for our company license for this software nor can I find anywhere on this site to re-download the software. Is there anything I can do? I have read some of the other posts regarding this type of error but didn't think they applied to my situation.

Please help.

-Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just want to confirm that you are getting the error when you try to open the Crystal Reports Designer or when you try to modify the report in the Crystal Reports Designer?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error when I try to modify the report from within VB. I also tried opening CR directly and it won't accept my reg keycode nor let me in.

Thanks,

Sara

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. That makes sense. If the designer gives you the error, so will the "runtime" / .NET CR IDE.

I'd recommend calling sales at 866-681-3435. They should be able to confirm the validity of the keycode. Without you sending me the keycode, there is not much I can do and we don't want to share the keycode in these public forums...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

That number just takes you to a recording when you need technical support. Is there any way I can get to you directly? I have already tried calling in and they pointed me to this website.

Thanks,

Sara

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not get to me directly. Only way to get phone support is to obtain a single case contract from here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

I'll contact you via mail account and you can send me your keycode there so I can check it out.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Ludek. I see you helped out Sara with a similar problem.

I also have an invalid keycode message when I go to install Xcelsius Present 2008 on my new HP Laptop.

But I bought the Xcelsius program - and have the card inside the box. I type it carefully with the dashes and '0's that look like 'o's.

Please tell me what else to do. Can you verify by email if this code is valid?

Complication is that I did use this keycode to install on a (now in junkpile in my office) IBM pc. It did work for a week, then I bought a new PC. Do I need to uninstall Xcelsius from the original PC?? Then how do I communicate this uninstall to the SAP GODS?

Will that allow me to install in my new HP Laptop?

Thanks,

Scott

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott:

This is one of those tough notes for me because I can not help you out at all. I barely know how to spell Xcelkicus, err Xcelsius...

There is another team supporting that product and I have no access to the keycodes to anything like that. Now, there is a forum for Xcelsius:

But the forum does look like it is quite actively monitored by Xcelsius techs, so please post your query there and see what they can do for you.

With apologies,

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also receive the error "Invalid keycode". This is on a Vista Pro machine with VS 2008 which includes CR Basic. What should I look be looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also receive the error "Invalid keycode". This is on a Vista Pro machine with VS 2008 which includes CR Basic. What should I look be looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

We have got server XI package back in 2006 but now trying install the
server version included in the package, installation gives error

on the key what is supplied with in the package.

error
message said  "the product key code you entered is not valid"

Order Date: 9/20/2006
Order Number: 4604218400

Crystal
Reports Server XI (Dev Upgr English)

Thanks,

Bhagvan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhagvan

Best to contact sales and see if they can help. I have no way of checking out keycodes, etc. Phone number I have for sales:  866-681-3435

But 1st, do make sure you are installing on a supported OS. E.g.; WIN 2008 would not be supported.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

solved over email