cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

Do you know if there is anything special we need to do to mount a repository back? We unmounted it and we are trying to mount it back but we get an error message "already in used".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

This type of problem usually occurs because of two reasons:

1) Check if your repository is present in DB. As in your case you have aready mentioned that you are able to see it, you can check for the second option

2) Check if your data and log files(repositoryname_mooo and repositoryname_zooo) are present in respective folders. These file are present in the server paths you have mentioned for data and log files. If they are not then please contact your basis or database guys to check for this. If they are not able to retrive them you need to create a new repository and work on that.

I hope I am able to help you

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caludia,

If you are not able to mount the repository after all solutions given above by all experts. Then try to delete the repository from the Database and unarchive/mount the repository again.

If you want to know what all has to be deleted from the Database to remove the repository reply back and I will help you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baua:

Thanks for the offer, could you please giude me on how to delete the repository from the DBS?

Thank you so much,

Claudia Hardeman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia ,

To delete a repos from DB you have to go to the Start>All programs>your DB(SQL or MAXDB)>Query analyzer>enter your DB password>The window opens with all the repository that have been used by you.>select the repository which you want to delete.

One suggestion:Generally our DB are of dynamic nature so its size keeps increasing as you load something into it.so you actually don have to delete repositories.If you are not using many repositories.

So its better unarchieve the repository with a name *which is different from the repository * you had previously mounted and which was not working.Else you can delete the repos from the DB and again un-archieve and work with that.

Thanks

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

For deleting a MDM repositoryy from Database you have to take the following steps -

Step 1 u2013 Connect to the Database using the Database Management tool

Step 2 u2013 Delete the databases - RepositoryName_z000 and RepositoryName_m000

Step 3 u2013 Delete repository specific entry from the table A2i_Catalogs in A2i_xCat_DBs database

After this you can unarchive the repository from old archive and mount it on MDM server.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for everybody's help, deleting the repository was the only option.

After analysing the log file we found out that the very first time the repository was unarchived it was still loaded; and eventhough the Unarchive process on the console said done, the log said unarchive process completed with errors.

Thanks again for all your help,

Claudia Hardeman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia ,

I just have doubt.Have you unmounted the repos or you have deleted the repository by mistake.Because the kind of error that you are getting occurs when you have deleted and still try to mounted.so I would rather suggest if you have the repos in archive then once again un-archive it with a different name.That would be a better solution to it.

Thanks

Arnab

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are not mounting repository on port which is already used by some other repository. Also try after restarting console and let us know the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your responses; now I cannot see the repository from the drop down list: Repository name: BLANK

We can see it on the DBS but not on the console.

Again, I will really appreciate any help, we are new in MDM and we are still trying to figure out all this.

Thanks,

Claudia Hardeman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

did you restart the server or only the Console? If you restarted the server, then I guess it does not look too good.

Can you tell us what version you are on? Are you working with the Console directly on the server or remotely on your computer? You may want to try it on another system.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

We restarted Server and Console. We are on 5.5.

Our basis resouce thinks the ini file got corrupted, is that possible? Is there a way we can know the original port?

He was able to create two repositories and mounted them and load them, but not the original one, which is the one we need since PI is pointing to that original repository.

Thanks again for your help,

Claudia Hardeman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Basis resource was able to mont the repository, now we are getting this error:

Error: The MDM repository is invalid

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Claudia Hardeman

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the repository cannot be recovered, you can still try to find the original port of the old repository in the mds.ini in the respective repository section. If that is not there anymore, you may need to change the port in PI to the new repositories.

If you have the old repository still in the database, you may be able to create a new repository in the Console and attach the old db tables to the new repository in order to get back your data. With the section for that repository still present in your mds.ini file, you might be able to recover the whole repository. Ask your basis colleagues for support. If that was not clear, let me know. I can give you more details on how to do that. Sometimes it is good to be a bit rougher on MDM.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of invalid repository after unarchiving, you may want to simply try it again. Sometimes some information is not written correctly. However, please also check your database connection to MDM as this and also your first problem may be caused by a DBMS connection problem.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you find the repository invalid update the repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

the same problem occured to me lately in MDM 7.1. What I did was restarting the server, and back it was. I think there are still some strange flaws in MDM 7.1 Console.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian