cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged: Logon failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to schedule a webi report and i want the output in excel format in a windows folder, but I get this error:

CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

I've tried to do it with BOXIr2Sp2, BOXIr2SP5 and BOXI3.1, but I still have the same error even if the uid and pwd are correct.

These are the parameters:

Directory: //192.168.100.5/Sinistri/BO

User ID: QUINSRV\user11

Password: ********

any ideas? Where am I going wrong?

Please HELP!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Camillo,

The following information might be helpful in resolving the issue.

In CMC, schedule a report, set Destination to "Unmanaged Disk"

Specify the Destination Directory to a UNC path pointing a shared folder on remote machine (such as: //machineA/sharefolder). The BOE machine and remote shared machine are in a workgroup environment.

Fill in User Name and Password fields for accessing the remote shared folder.

Click Update button

Schedule the report

Cause

This is due to non sufficient user rights. The user specified on the destination page in the CMC needs to have "Logon Locally" rights on the Job Server machine. This right cannot be assigned to a user from another computer if it is not in a domain.

This is a normal behaviour in a Microsoft Windows workgroup. This issue has been assigned Track ID ADAPT00136664.

Resolution

Workaround:

Create the exact same user account with the same password on both computers and specify that user in the destination page when scheduling the report.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for replies.

I cannot give local access rights to the user that must publish the report on the folder, so I solved the problem activating an ftp server , and publishing the report with ftp option.

Best regards

Camillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sarbhjeet! Just saved me after much hair pulling on this one. Creating the non-domain account with same creds on the job server resolved same issue for me.

0 Kudos

Hi,

is your BOBJ server running on windows?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is running on a windows server 2003 R2 Enterprise edition SP2.

0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please log on the machine your BOBJ server runs on and try to access (through the windows explorer) the defined directory with the given credentials. Does this work?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it works.