cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we attach documents in Info types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we attach documents in Info types. For example I want to attach the Certificate( His Bachelors or Masters or other Certifications of an employee in an Infotype ?

Lets say the employee has his Bachelors certificate in PDF format and the user needs to attach that in an Infotype. we have other scenarios in our company where we need to store the Certifications/Licenses of some employees in Infotypes and when ever their licenses are expiring the HR people should be triggered an automatic message so that they can send a message to the employee to renew their Licenses .

Please advise.

Jnt

Edited by: Janetj on Jun 11, 2009 1:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

Storing the document will not help you to trigger mail when lience expires.

Best option is to use IT41 , create a new date type and maintains the expire date.

or

Use education infotype and create a customized field for expiry date.

or

If you are e-recruitment, then check this help.sap for IT Required Licenses/Certificates (Infotype 5130)

you need to build a report that validates the date from any one of the IT option and send email. Create a batch job and call this program put it as a daily job.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Amosha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What sikandar said is correct.

For that option we will say it as FACY MAIL. we will find option before the text of pa30 i.e, maintain master data.

We need to upload this from desktop and should forward to the other user.

But bulk documents storage is not suggestable by SAP.

For any queries please reply.

Bhaskar

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes we

can

go to PA30 give PERNR and Press Enter

u will find a small icon before maintain of master data (SERVICE OF OBJECTS)

here u can attach the PDF from the DESK TOP

Check and let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow! I never explored it...thats amazing!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Contribution...thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see blank screen when I click on ICON, Is some config is also required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

As far as I know in PA you cannot store files with employee record. There is another option to store the text in the infotype. Press F9 or Edit-> maintain text. But this will not help you to trigger mail when lience expires.

Best option is to use IT41 , create a new date type and maintains the expire date.

or

Use education infotype and create a customized field for expiry date.

or

If you are e-recruitment, then check this help.sap for IT Required Licenses/Certificates (Infotype 5130)

you need to build a report that validates the date from any one of the IT option and send email. Create a batch job and call this program put it as a daily job.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Amosha