cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity categories in work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP gurus,

I have a work center where i have maintained 2 capacity categories in capacity tab screen. One m/c and other labour. Now when i assign this work center to a routing.....in the routing operation details screen, i see only the formula from the 1st capacity category showing up. How/Where can i see the formulas from the other capacity category, maintained in the work center?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard SAP u cannot schedule both Machine and labour capacity for same workcenter. In this case system consider capacity requirements of any one of capacity (Machine or labour) for scheduling. So that is the reason you are not able to view 2 capacity category formulas in Routing.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

so can i see 2 capacities of the same category...for example if i have two ind. capacities for the same capacity category say machine, will i be able to see both in routing?? Or will routing only display any one capacity ? and is there a way to instruct, as to which capacity is picked up by routing? it seems it always picks up the first one by default?

ANd if it picks up only one...what is the use of having multiple capacities in a work center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

any body?? any inputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the capacity category say:Machine, in the "capacity header" in workcenter, you assign "no. of individual capacities" as 2. Also, you can create the capacities in CR11 and assign the same to the work center.

In routing you can just enable the check box "Required splitting" and assign no. of splits =2. you cannot assign the individual capacities you have created in CR11 in routing.

In Production order, in operation details, "Cap. reqmt assignment", you can assign those two individual capacities and assign qty to be processed in those capacities.

Hope this clarifies you..

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Sir. Will check and get back to you. But going by the feel of it, this seems very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The system will always picks the first capacity in the work center wheatear machine or labor to the routing.

Individual capacities is different and the capacity category is different. You can maintain number of individual capacities and you can distribute the capacities using capacity planning (CM25, CM21).

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,

So in that case why do we have an option for creating additional capacity categories? what is the use of it if work center will always default the first cap. category only? is there any where that the other categories created are reflected or used in any way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard SAP you can only use two capacity categories only. In that system will schedule only the first capacity category. I think if you use machine and labor capacity category you can cover all your capacity requirements. If you want to do the capacity planning based on your labor capacity maintain the capacity as main capacity(First).

Thanks

S.Murali

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

We can define/assign many capacity categories to work-center and have to maintain any of those maintained capacity category in scheduling tab of work-center. Logically it should be bottle-neck capacity category which we assign as scheduling capacity. System use the capacity maintained in scheduling tab for schduling routing/recipe.

You can check and analyse different capacity category you have maintained in work-center using capacity planning functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks PP....Murali thanks again...But when i check in my prod. order operation detail 'cap req' tab page..it's picking up 2nd capacity category, and it's greyed out as well...means i cannot make changes to the preselected capacity category...if i want to select the other category...and also if i try to split it there in prod order ( i have already declared operation split in routing) it does'nt allow me to do..and says..'no splitting req found'

Answers (0)