cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To generate this document first define the numbering series

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Demo version of SAP B1 2007 B and have created one more series other than Primary for Sales Order.

But while adding the SO document, I am facing the following error message.

To generate this document first define the numbering series in the administration module.

I have sign in by Manager user and it has all the authorizations. I am using yearly osting Period.

What can be the reason for this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sergi_maudet2
Explorer

It is an authorisation issue. Just go to Administration/System Initialisation/Authorisations/General Auth...

And then give full access (you can actually limit what series, but this will be faster/easier) to the requested user to Administration/System Initialisation/Series.

Sometimes it is also possible that you have not generated a numbering for this document and/or posting period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergi Maudet,

I have done all these authorization things. As it is log in by Manager user itself, then manager(Super User) have all the authorizations. Can you please tell me how the Posting Period is linked with Series. I think i Have some problem with Period.

Thanks,

Anuj Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Actually I faced the same issue once, with what object r u working? And please get the exact error code, cause in my case when i searched with the error code it was something different.

Hope it helps,

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Actually I am not talking about coding. I am facing this error on the Sales Order Form itself, not throuh DI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

I find that there are actually two permissions a user must have in order to post a document to any given number series (Based on B1 2007A, afaik it's the same in previous versions)

From Authorisations:

Administration->System Initialisation->Document Numbering

AND

Administration->System Initialisation->Numbering Series

If you give FULL access to both of these for the specific user, then <i>log them out and back in again</i>, it should work. I think you may then be able to make "Document Numbering" Read-only after they have FIRST posted a document, but I'm not sure and you can test that.

The only link between Numbering series and Periods as far as I am aware is that you can define a numbering series to be allowable only within a particular posting period(s).

But the error message you are getting has nothing to do with permissions on Posting Periods - if you have no permission to post to a given period, it will say "Date deviates form permissable range".

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing same error while trying to add record in 2007B via my add on, it is firing all the objects and data gets saved over there, but data is not getting inserted in tables created by me (i.e. user tables) while doing this it is giving the same erro with message code "Message 131-3" can anyone help me in this

Thanks

Edited by: Abhishek A on Aug 12, 2009 3:58 PM

former_member682029
Contributor
0 Kudos

The numbering series error will occur,

1. if you do not define the series for the document in Administration. (you should define a series for each document)

2. If you manually edit the table records with out using SBO.

Did you edit any record? like deleting the record?

The UDO is keeping all the user interactions in SBO in the log table defined. If you manually edit some record this will make inconsistency. So you have to rollback all the changes in the table.

Thanks

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Old Thread but problem can re-appear even in 9.1. For us it ended up having nothing to do with authorities or anything like that. It suddenly appeared with the start of a new month. After checking everything we found that one of the periods had the wrong Period Indicator by mistake. So every document that didn't have the correct period indicator was now giving us this error only in the periods affected. Easy to correct - check Administration > System Initialization > Posting Period and update the incorrect indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anjuj,

To resole this following error check follow the below steps its defiantly resole your problem.

Step 1

Check your posting period for the financial this year.

Step 2

Go to document numbering window

Double click on sales order row.

go to sales order series and assign current period Ind.

select sales order group 1

now double click on this Sales order Series.

and set as default to all user.

Step 3

Give full authorization to user.

for this error you need to authorized for Series.

for that Go to

Admin >system authorization >Series > Series group 1 full authorization.

Step 4

Go to admin> setup > Financial >G/l determination > link your sales account in general tab.

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Mangesh Pagdhare.

nikunjmehta2290
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created document series for FY 2021-22 and posting period for same and period indicator also.

But when I tried to generate document of next FY then it's show me error like

To complete this document with the entered posting date , First define the numbering series into Admin module.

Checked all things : Authorization group 1 series, Period indicator, Posting period, but remain same.

Help me on this.

Regards,

Nikunj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

NOT

costas_ioannou2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure of the reason, however if this works when you sign in as manager and not as other users, then try to check the "SuperUser" box for another user and see if the problem persists.