cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update control of movement type incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have run a complete sales cycle from sales order creation to excise invoice generation. However, I have not done the PGI since in our case it is done after the billing. The materials have been dispatched and excise invoice submitted.

Now, when I am doing PGI it is throwing an error "Update control of movement type incorrect (entry 601 _ X Q L _ V) ". I analysed and found that I have wrongly filled the Requirement Type in the sales order and corresponding entry is missing in OMJJ.

1- I tried to add this entry but in vain. There is no 'New entry' or 'Copy as' button and hence i could not add..

2- So, I tried the other alternative i.e. reversing all the documents and changing the RqTy in order. But that can't be done since excise has been sent.

Is there any other way by which I can do the PGI or atleast capture the goods movement in the system and also update all the relevant documents?

Plz guide.

Thanks

SAPshed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To do the PGI / PGR , you have to cancel the Excise Invoice through J1IIN and then the Billing Document.Only after this , you can do the PGR or PGI.

Best Regards,

Ankur