cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Disassembly production order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I want to know that what is use of disassembly production order. I want to create a production order which will give two item output but issue will be one item. how it is possible ?

When I issue main component then it automattically increase the component item in stock and issue main product. but component item cost is not shown in production order What can be reason?

plz help me.

Regards

Gorge

Edited by: Gorge Ance on Jun 20, 2009 3:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

1 .What is the use of Disassembly Production Order ?

Use the Disassembly production order to explode a parent item of the regular product to its child items. You disassemble the product into separate parts, which can then be put into stock and sold. For example, you can purchase a used car, take it apart, and sell the individual components.

2.I want to create a production order which will give two item output but issue will be one item. how it is possible ?

Can you Please explain the scenario ?

Ashish Gupte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Thanks for rply your answer is helpfull . I want to take multiple product input and mutiple product output from a production order. Is it possible. In disassambly production order we can take one input item and multiple output.

Second question is regarding the cost of product in disassambly production order. It does not calculate output product item cost from input product cost. It takes the cost from its back history table and add the the cost accordingly. for example input product item cost is total 300 and output product are 3 then It should take item cost 100 per product. But It get the item cost from its back entries table. What is the solution for this?

Thanks

Regards

Gorge

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To properly manage a n to m production you could not use the production order because it is planned for a n to 1 production. Inside SBO you should yourself elaborate a method to do this. You could use e.g. connected goods issue and goods receipt transactions for this:

1. Goods issue transaction to manage issuing the raw materials

2. Goods receipt transaction to manage receiving the products.

3. To manage the cost of the production, you should compute the prices in the goods receipt transaction using the item cost of the goods issue (dividing it by an appropriate algorithm).

4. To manage the manufacturing costs (labor cost and others) I suggest you define them as inventory items and insert them into the goods issue transaction.

5. These things can be managed by some UDF and FS-s, the base data of the calculation can be stored in a BOM.

6. But you could not use the MRP for such a production process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI George

In a disassembly type production order the system uses the current item cost in the item master data for every item.

This is the behaviour of system.

I hope this helps

if so pls close the thread.

Ashish Gupte

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

wale_adegbola
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day,

I have a client that did a production order that was planned but did not do issue for production, the person just did receipt for production. Then a Disassembly Production order was done and then a receipt for production was done for it to be reversed and at the end the status on the Production order was not complete as it showed completed quantity as zero. How can we correct this disassembled production order for it to be completed?

Hope to get your response.

0 Kudos

Can a disassembly type have stages? I don't see them in the Production Order. 9.3PL10

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ance,

Check this link with subject item cost in production order disassembly type

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gorge,

Disassembly Production order used for cancel or reverse the

receipt from production order and also check this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/pages/viewpage.action&pageid=49217723

Regards

Jambulingam.P

Edited by: Jambulingam P on Jun 22, 2009 7:19 AM