cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving SQL Error: INTERNAL_ERROR while executing the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am receiving the below error while executing a query.

SQL Error: INTERNAL_ERROR

Diagnosis

The database system registered an SQL error. As available, the error number and a description are included in the short text. Possible causes for SQL errors include:

Overflow of database objects such as buffers, temporary tablespaces, rollback segments or data containers/tablespaces.

->These problems can generally be eliminated by system administrators.

Missing generated database objects such as tables or views based on inconsistent or inactive InfoCubes or InfoObjects. Examples of this include the view of the fact table for an InfoCube or the attribute SID table (X/Y table) of a characteristic.

-> These problems can generally be eliminated by a BW administrator.

SQL requests with incorrect content.

-> Problems of this type are generally programming errors.

System Response

Procedure

Contact your system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration

If there is no error description, look for one in the reference from the database producer.

Decide on the correct category for the SQL error and check if it can be eliminated. Generally the error can also be found in the syslog (transaction sm21). From there, transactions sm51 and sm50, the developer's trace log of the work process can be determined and the erroneous statement can be viewed in the log. This procedure is described in SAP Note 568768.

Notification Number DBMAN 257

I verified the table spaces and also done RSRV Repair of InfoObjects and InfoCubes and didnt find any error. But I am receiving this error for one particular month and remaining months are executing fine. Any ideas why i am receiving this error.

Regards

Ravi Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at OSS Note 1065380. Also look at OSS Note 1305568 if you're using MaxDB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dennis,

If you dont mind can you send me the above specified SAP notes by copy and paste them as I don't have S User ID and Password.

Regards

Ravi Y

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS Note 1065380:

Symptom

You want to execute a data mart query within a data transfer process, for example. The query terminates with SQL error -1013 "Too many order columns".

The following is displayed in the monitor log of the data transfer process:

Error while extracting from source xxxxxx (type InfoProvider)

Message number RSBK 242

Exception CX_SQL_EXCEPTION occurred (program:

CL_SQL_STATEMENT==============CP, include:

CL_SQL_STATEMENT==============CM004, line: 32).

Message number RS_EXCEPTION 000

SQL error: POS(3306) Too many order columns

Message number DBMAN 257

Error reading the data of InfoProvider xxxxxx

Message number DBMAN 305

Other terms

CX_SQL_EXCEPTION, message number, RS_EXCEPTION 000, DBMAN 257, RSBK 242,

RS_EXCEPTION 000

Reason and Prerequisites

The SQL statement contains more than 128 GROUP BY- or ORDER BY- columns.

Solution

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI

Import Support Package 15 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI (BI Patch 15 or SAPKW70015) into your BI system. The Support Package is available when Note 991095 "SAPBINews BI7.0 Support Package 15", which describes this Support Package in more detail, is released for customers.

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS Note 1305568:

Symptom

A data mart query that

you want to execute within a data transfer process (DTP), for example, terminates with the

SQL error -1013 "Too many order columns".

The following is displayed in the monitor log of the data transfer process:

Error while extracting from source xxxxxx (type InfoProvider)

Message number RSBK 242

Exception CX_SQL_EXCEPTION occurred (program:

CL_SQL_STATEMENT==============CP, include:

CL_SQL_STATEMENT==============CM004, line: 32).

Message number RS_EXCEPTION 000

SQL error: POS(3306) Too many order columns

Message number DBMAN 257

Error reading the data of InfoProvider xxxxxx

Message number DBMAN 305

You have already implemented Note 1065380.

Other terms

CX_SQL_EXCEPTION, message number, RS_EXCEPTION 000, DBMAN 257, RSBK 242,

RS_EXCEPTION 000

Reason and Prerequisites

The MaxDB internal limit of 4016 bytes or 128 fields for GROUP BY columns was exceeded.

Solution

When you implement these corrections, no aggregation is performed for the data (GROUP BY) if the limits of the MaxDB database have been exceeded.

The limit values for the aggregation bahavior can also be manually reduced if there are problems with the default values.

Two RSADMIN parameters are provided for this.

MAXDB_MAX_GROUP_BY_FLDS is the maximum number of GROUP BY fields. The default value is 128.

MAXDB_MAX_GROUP_BY_LEN is the maximum total length of the GROUP BY fields. The default value is 4000.

SAP NetWeaver BI 7.00

Import Support Package 21 for SAP NetWeaver BI 7. 00 (SAPKW70021) into your BI system. The Support Package is available when Note 1270629"SAPBINews NW 7.00 BI Support Package 21", which describes this Support Package in more detail, is released for customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis

Thanks for your help. I need check the notes. I am awarding the points. hope this works out.