cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enhance a component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me the steps on how to enhance a standard component, i do have enhancement set.

could you please explain me the steps as i am pretty new to this subject. we are having CRM 7.0

Thanks,

Regards,

Kamesh Bathla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. First you need to "Define Enhancement set"

Use transaction SM34. Open the view cluster BSPWDVC_CMP_EXT and create the enhancement set that you can later use in the BSP Component Workbench.

2. Assign Enhancement set to a Client

To assign an enhancement set to a client, use transaction SM30. Open table BSPWDV_EHSET_ASG to make the necessary assignment.

3. Enhance Component

TCode: BSP_WD_CMPWB - BSP WD Component Workbench

Display your component

Click on enhance component.

Enter Component ID Zxxxx.

You can view the result in SM34 view cluster BSPWDVC_CMP_EXT.

Your Component is now enhanced for any custom changes.

Hope this helps

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, one question, when we are enhancing it do we need to give z*** component id? as i can see ICCMP_BP_DETAIL is enhanced in my system and the name of the enhanced component is still ICCMP_BP_DETAIL.

Regards,

Kamesh

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you enhance the standard component the component is not renamed. Also the viees of component are not renamed. But the implementation classes of the views witch hold the functional logic are renamed. If you will look at the component you are talking about (and you must choose also the enhancement set with which it was enhanced), you will see that some vies cam be grey and some black. The black one are enhanced and these have z implementation classes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, I enhanced the component ICCMP_BP_CP successfully and I also enhanced the view ICCMP_BP_CP/BuPaContactPersonCreate but when i am going to the account identification in UI Framework and click on create related, then it is throwing a exception there

Cannot display view ICCMP_BP_CP/BuPaCPVS of UI Component ICCMP_BP_CP

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_BSP_WD_INV_VA_ASSIGNMENT - Assigned view ICCMP_BP_CP/BuPaContactPersonCreate in view area Create could not be loaded

Method: CL_BSP_WD_VIEW_CONTROLLER=>BIND_VIEW

Source Text Row: 118

Initialization of view ICCMP_BP_CP/BuPaCPVS of UI Component ICCMP_BP_CP failed

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_BSP_WD_RUNTIME_ERROR - View ICCMP_BP_CP/BuPaContactPersonCreate in component ICCMP_BP_CP could not be bound

Source Text Row: 165

Cannot display view CPCreateW of UI Component ICCMP_BP_CP

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_BSP_WD_RUNTIME_ERROR - View ICCMP_BP_CP/BuPaContactPersonCreate in component ICCMP_BP_CP could not be bound

Source Text Row: 165

Could you please advise me if i need to do any step after enhancing the view?

Do i need to enhance the viewset which is using this view?

Regards,

Kamesh Bathla

Edited by: Kamesh Bathla on Jun 24, 2009 7:32 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

I'm also getting the same technical error, can any one please help me in sorting out this problem, here I'm attahcing the error log

Just I created custom BSP application by copying BSP_WD_BASE and added my own view set and views while running I'm getting the below error

Cannot display view ZMY_BSP_002/MainViewSet of Application zmy_bsp_002

An exception has occurredException Class CX_BSP_WD_INV_VA_ASSIGNMENT - Assigned view ZMY_BSP_02/Search in view area upper could not be loaded

Source Text Row: 118

Initialization of view ZMY_BSP_002/MainViewSet of Application zmy_bsp_002 failed

An exception has occurredException Class CX_BSP_WD_RUNTIME_ERROR - View ZMY_BSP_02/Search could not be bound

Source Text Row: 171

Cannot display view Root.htm of Application zmy_bsp_002

An exception has occurredException Class CX_BSP_WD_RUNTIME_ERROR - View ZMY_BSP_02/Search could not be bound

An error occurred during the initialization of the view manager

An exception has occurredException Class CX_BSP_WD_RUNTIME_ERROR - View ZMY_BSP_002/MainViewSet could not be bound

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Rajasekhar