cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal report with graph and drilldown

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to CR 2008 and in general CR, can someone give me an example how to do a chart with drilldown? I have finally created a chart under the report header and can't do drilldown. I want a chart with all companies as a group showing their total sales and total revenue with fee for each company. once you click on the chart, i want to see a detail drilldown of the sales & revenue fee for each company. right now i have about 400 data points for the companie and the line chart is not displaying all of that. second, i'm lost on how to do the drilldown with each group. I can't seem to find any crystal report example on how to do this. thanks! TH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a group on company field in the report and insert the summery in the group footer. Now if you insert a chart in report header by default it inserts a drill down bar chart with omany name and summery field. If you double click on one company bar then it shows the details. You need to suppress your group header and footer and detail section with the condition

drilldowngrouplevel=0

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm, ok question, on the chart expert, if i do the data layout on GROUP, it shows the drilldown, if i do the layout on ADVANCE, it doesn't, is this correct? even doing the layout group, it only show one company on the chart instead of all companies, is this right?

i want to show all companies on the chart with 2 bars showing rev & sales, should i do the advance then do subgroup instead of drilldown??

thanks for advance!

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only Group Charts have drill down capability.

If you are only seeing one company per chart then I am assuming you put the chart in the group header. Put the chart in the Report Header and it will display all companies.

You will need to have summaries for rev & sales in the group footer and then you will have the option in the chart expert > data tab to display both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i need to show the details from the chart of all the company group so that's why i was asking about drilldown. since i cannot do drilldown I will try subgroup. how do i set it up to have the user click on the name of the company and display the detail of the sales & rev for that company?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry i mean Subreport

Answers (0)