cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting to G/L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i need to check whether the payroll results are posted in the G/L account correctly ..

so I need the configuration steps regarding posting payroll results to the G/L account...

Can anybody guide me in this process . I need to how what is symbolic account and how posting happens from it to the G/l account.please tell me how to check the results too...( the process is por payrol

thanks in advance...

reena...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration Steps:

Spro-> payroll -> Payroll Country-> Reporting for Posting Payroll Results to Accounting->Activities in the HR System->Define Symbolic Accounts - here will define symbolic accounts.

Maintaining Wage Types->Define Posting Characteristics of Wage Types

Activities in the AC (accounting)System->Assigning Accounts->Assign Balance Sheet Accounts->Assign Expense Accounts.

what is symbolic account ?

Symbolic account is bridge between hr to FI. Payroll (PY) wage types are not assigned directly to accounts in Financial Accounting (FI). This is done using symbolic accounts. The account assignment type of the symbolic account determines the type of posting (for example, posting to an expense account, debit posting or credit posting.

how posting happens from it to the G/l account?

The symbolic account is then assigned to the account in Financial Accounting. If the account in Accounting is an expense account and balance sheet account.

we have two types of symbolic accounts in payroll,

1) expense account: it is denoted by C, which will be

created by going to T.CODE OBYE,

2) balance sheet/ liable account: which is denoted by F, it

is created by going T.CODE OBYG.

how to check the results too...( the process is por payroll)?

If you are able to post the payroll document to FI, then that correct results, then we can check that results using PC00_m99_DKON .

Finally go for outputs: FBl3N, FS10N.

Regards

Devi

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for ur guidance , and help . All the issues were solved and the amount got psted in the G/l account..

Special thanks to DEVI for explaining the entire process....

thanks & regards,

reena...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after doing all the changes i am getting a error message..Posting balance is not cleared (Period 01 / 2007 A)

thanks.

reena..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the amount which is not balancing and find out from which wagetype the amount is coming. Then check the posting charactrestics and GL assignment for that wage type.

regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should understand, Expense Account should always be equal to Balance Sheet Accounts.

This is somethng Finance Principle, Dr. and Credit.

All Expense to Expense Payable Account.

Salary (Expense) A/C Dr. to Salary Payable (Balance Sheet) A/C Cr.

Tel me, what are the postings enteries you find in Expense Accounts and Balance Sheet Accounts.

Where the difference is cmg ?

Regards

...Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar ,

thanks for ur quick reply . I checked the payroll result and the payroll area, but still No Documents is Created.. please help me to solve it...

thanks ,

reena..

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tell me wht u r doing

say if u want to evaluate the results for 01.06.2009

1> u shd able to see the results for the Period of june in PC_PAYRESULT

> and next PA03 shd be in Exit mode for the period 01.06.2009 30.062009

>in PC00_M99_CIPE

u shd get the default date for the period of June

kindly check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for ur replies, i completed all the configurations and when i am creating posting run using tcode PC00_M99_CIPE,

no document is created ... please guide how to solve this problem...

thanks..

reena....

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chck the below things

Did u run the pay roll live for the employees

Check PC_PAYRESULT tcode

and check whether Period which u want to evaluate in the posting has been updated or not

and than check the conrol record PA03

it shd be in Exit Mode

and save it

and now check in PC00_M99_CIPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the selection screen in PC00_M99_CIPE, also check if you have mentioned the payroll area correctly and also whether payroll results exist for the employees in the payroll area for the posting period.

Regards,

Ravi.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

need to check whether the payroll results are posted in the G/L account correctly ..

GL account will be given by FICO

and it can be checked thru the tcode FS00

if u want from HCM side

Check the PCP0 tcode

if the document is created double click that one u will find the Symboic acccount with GL accounts

if u want to see at the simulation stage u can check this one by expanding the log

in PC00_M99_CIPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use PC00_M99_CIPC to check if all the payroll results have been posted.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to excute the report "RPDKON00" through SE38. Select output as a Disply as variable list.

In that report you will get all wage types which is linked to G/L accounts through symbolic accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can check the t-code

PC00_m99_DKON

report : RPCIP_DOCUMENT_ANALYSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) PC00_m99_DKON will give your which WT has been posted to Which GL

2) secondly, Go to PCP0 and check the Document, you can see all the Postings there... how each expense type has been posted to different GL type.

Regards

...Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

You need to identify the wage type

Next check the Symbolic accounts for them Table T030

Use OBYE transaction

See if these are properly mapped

if you miss will get posted

Use PCPO for postin

Hope this helps