cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports 2008 install freezes on disk space req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to install Crystal reports 2008 on server - Windows Server 2008 standard. This is required moving forward for troubleshooting purposes.

The installation freezes when determining disk space requirements.

I have tried copying the installation files locally to the server, but same issue occurs.

I have confirmed I am a local administrator, and there are no policies preventing installation.

I have installed this same software on other servers before.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks god. I have work around for two hours. Install French language packs works for me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know if this helps, i had the same issue on a clean Vista Business PC. The problem was caused by me having an external drive connected (FAT32). Remove the drive and try again. This would explain why you didnlt have the problem on any VPCs.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unbelievably, this fixed it for me:

[http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=124076]

Add the French language pack and it gets straight on with it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this issue again on a different PC and my resolution didn't help. Try the very useful one above. It worked for me!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas's reply also worked for me! Here is the cut/paste excerpt from the link he provided that was the filnal solution, so you won't have to go to that link an read the entire post:

go back to initial phases of the installation and add french into language packs.

then pick custom installation.

don't play with anything.

and click to next...

-Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the install on other Windows Server 2008 configurations? I was just getting ready to attempt this also. It is not supported according to the white papers and I called support and they verified that for me. I was told there may be a patch end of the third quarter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did, and it installed ok on other configurations. All the Windows 2008 Servers I installed on were Virtual Machines. Some were successful, some were not. I got it installed by clicking back and next several times until it would just continue on its own.

The weird thing is this issue occurred in our "production" environment, and not in test or QA.