cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SecStore.properties file - need to regenerate-Sys Copy of SAP NetW BI 7.0

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm having an issue with a follow up activity of a recent System Copy-> SAP NW 2004s ABAP & JAVA Stack ->System copy of our Production BI system to a Sandbox system. (HP-UX servers 11.23 / Oracle 10g) Our SecStore.properties file contains the Production Source system's credentials and I am unable to update the properties using the configtool.sh or offlinecfgeditor.sh scripts. I am receiving the following error:

system.log from offlinecfgeditor.sh

... #2#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException#Error while accessing secure store: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong..#

The SID in the below file contains our production sid (BWP) and needs to be (BWX-our target system)

/usr/sap/BWX/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties

Is there anyway to reconfigure this property file other than the 2 scipts listed above?

I have tried to set the file and directory permissions to 777; I'm still getting the same error message. Our properties file still has the source SID within the file (BWP). We want to use the offlinecfgeditor.sh script to change this but we get the error.

Thanks,

Laurie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello budy, how are you doing ? I've the same problem... could you solve this issue ?

Best regards.

markus_ktzler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello shusheng an,

thank you for your advice. I followed your advice and creaded a new SecStore.properties file on an other system with the Secure Store information I need on the copied system. Then I copied the files SecStore.properties and SecStore.key to the copied system. But I have still the problem with the wrong SID, which is the SID of the original system, no the SID of the system copy.

In the Secure Store definition (configtool) there is no SID parameter. Where is the SID defined? Where can I change the original SID to the SID of the system copy before I create the SecStore.properties and SecStore.key files.

I think the SID of the System where I create the SecStore.properties and SecStore.key files is part of the files.

Thanks for your help.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generat a new file in the other system by the informations of this system. than copy the file SecStore.properties to this system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to use following procedure?

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/281540bf1af72ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried running the ./configtool.sh. I am receiving the same error:

Error occurred while loading the secure store. Msg: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong.

I was told that a system copy (following SAP's recommendation for a system copy) was followed for this target system I'm having an issue with. A system copy of our production BW system was performed. The secure store files still contain the Source (production BWP sid within the file).

Other suggestions?

Thanks again!

Laurie

Full System Log from configtool.sh:

bwxadm> cat system.log

<!LOGHEADER[START]/>

<!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

<!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/>

<!NAME[./system.log]/>

<!PATTERN[system.log]/>

<!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.ListFormatter]/>

<!ENCODING[UTF8]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

#1.# #1247145554041#/System/Configuration/Logging##com.sap.tc.logging.APILogger.LogController[addLog()]#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info##Java#TC_LOGGING_CONFIGURATION_NEW_ITEMS[C0000A305666000000000002018FB1F70003D67C779ECE88]##The () has been added to the !#3#Log#./system.log#/System# #1.# #1247145554114#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.configuration#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.core.configuration#Plain###ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar# #1.# #1247145554115#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.configuration#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.core.configuration#Plain###ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar# #1.# #1247145554115#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.configuration#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.core.configuration#Plain###ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar# #1.# #1247145554115#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.configuration#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.core.configuration#Plain###ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar# #1.# #1247145554116#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.configuration#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.core.configuration#Plain###ConfigurationManager: found jar for secure store /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar# #1.# #1247145554546#/System/Configuration/Logging##com.sap.tc.logging.APILogger.LogController[setResourceBundleName(String resourceBundleName)]#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info##Java#TC_LOGGING_CONFIGURATION_IS_CHANGED[C0000A305666000000000000018FB1F70003D67C779CD2B8]##The for the has been changed from to )!#5#resource bundle name#LogController#com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS#<null>#com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFSResources# #1.# #1247145554546#/System/Configuration/Logging##com.sap.tc.logging.APILogger.LogController[setResourceBundleName(String resourceBundleName)]#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info##Java#TC_LOGGING_CONFIGURATION_IS_CHANGED[C0000A305666000000000000018FB1F70003D67C779CD2B8]##The for the has been changed from to )!#5#resource bundle name#LogController#/System/Security/SecStoreFS#<null>#com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFSResources# #1.# #1247145559803#/System/Configuration/Logging##com.sap.tc.logging.APILogger.LogController[setResourceBundleName(String resourceBundleName)]#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info##Java#TC_LOGGING_CONFIGURATION_IS_CHANGED[C0000A305666000000000000018FB1F70003D67C779CD2B8]##The for the has been changed from to )!#5#resource bundle name#LogController#/System/Database/sql/connect#<null>#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle#

#1.# #1247145559803#/System/Database/sql/connect##com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl#Java#com.sap.sql_0019#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle#Exception of type caught: .#2#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException#Error while accessing secure store: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong..#

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=831812]

0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

I had seen that note a few days ago as well and tried the ./offlinecfgeditor.sh also. I'm receiving the same error on that script as well:

#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException#Error while accessing secure store: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong..#

Regards,

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you connect to config tool, select No to default settings. Do you see the correct SID and rest of the details?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, when I try to connect through the config tool(by first saying no to the default settings), I do see the correct SID and info:

Secure Store File: /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/data/SecStore.properties

Secure Store Key File: /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/data/SecStore.key

System Name: BWX

Secure Store Lib: /sapmnt/BWX/global/security/lib

Rdbms connections: jdbc/pool/BWX

Rdbms driverlocation: /oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient/ojdbc14.jar

Thanks for your continued help!

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your config tool working fine on your source system?

0 Kudos

Yes - tested that earlier this am. I am able to see the secure store data (keys and values)

i.e.

Key: Value

admin/host/BWP slice

admin/password/BWP *******

admin/port/BWP 50004

admin/user/BWP J2EE_ADMIN

jdbc/pool/BWP/ClassName oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

jdbc/pool/BWP/Password *********

jdbc/pool/BWP/Url jdbc:oracle:thin:@slice:1527:BWP

jdbc/pool/BWP/User SAPSR3DB

the user j2ee_admin on the abap side of BWX is not locked.

sapsr3db exists:

SQL> select username, account_status, user_id from dba_users;

USERNAME ACCOUNT_STATUS USER_ID

-

-

-

SAPSR3DB OPEN 42

ChristoA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know how you solved this problem. We are facing the same problem now

Thanks in Advance

Christo

markus_ktzler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

has anyone a solution for this issue? We face the same problem at the moment. It would be nice to get a solution.

Than´s for your help

Markus