cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM-material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

I am handling material master changes with ECR/ECO method. When i create ecr for finish material it takes some time to process the changes and release it.

So i want to stop the production of that particular material means when i will try to create the production order for this material and suppose the ecr/eco process is still pending then system should not allow me to create the production order.

Is it possible to mapp in system with status profile or anything else?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap-qm-user ,

Try to use , " plant specific material status to achive this.

while making changes to existing material master you can block your material by assignming a material status which is not relevant for production.

same thing you can use while creating anew material , untill and unless all the details fillled in material master , it should not have relevant statuis for production.

You can find this field in material master view MRP 1 , and work scheduling views .

check the details of existing available values or you can create your own in trabnsaction OMS4 , Create a new P-S status , ECM/ECR blocked for prod, , in the bottom of screen in production , production order header select the value for error. so when ever you will try to create a production order for such materials it will not allow you and though error.

Hope it helps you

regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now as per your suggestion i will have to change the material status to blocked for production.then it is possible.

But my requirement is that it should automatically get locked for production by status profile of ECM or some other way, not by changing the plant specific material status.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

In change management we have 2 different processes.

Engineering change management and order change management.

Why do you feel that all the changes happening in master data will be relevant for all orders thats exist in shop floor ....?

or it may be applicable to your bussiness but in many bussiness its required thats bussiness will decide which changes are required to be reflected to existing order and when the changes should be incarporated into new order.

so thats why , you just cant be sure that , if you are changing some master data and for it persons at shop floor should wait for thats changes.

what i suggested in my earlier reply is the process , setup a process at your engineering department , so that when ever they want to change some thing in master data , they should first block the material just to avaoid creation of transaction data for the same.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Ritesh