cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change default browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I launch my web dynpro application from se80 or if i do application configuration, I dont want to open browser window in internet explorer. How can I set any other browser as default browser for web dynpro abap applications?

Thanks

Vishal Kapoor

former_member278930
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Please, see the SAP Note 2558574 - How to use Google Chrome as default browser for Solution Manager to Know how it works.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Web Dynpro Application always run in the default browser of your system.

This cant be controlled from Web Dynpro side.

If you want your WD Application to rum in some specific browser than you have to change yoru system settings explicitly.

Go to Control Panel -> Internet options -> Programs tab -> Default Web Browser -> Remove the check.

Apply & Ok.

Now if you open any other browser it will prompt you for making it a default browser, Click on Yes.

Now if you run the WD Application it will not run in the internet explorer instead the other browser than you have made default.

Regards

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm, are you sure?

I just checked Internet Options and it says Internet Explorer isnt your standard browser. Now if I open firefox 3.5 and click on the Check-Button it says Firefox is already your standard browser.

However, if I right click on my application and click "Test", it opens Internet Explorer (in this case IE8 - which is bad because it isnt supported - hence my request here)

edit: its NW 7.01

Edited by: Stefan A. Ernst on Jul 24, 2009 10:55 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Web Dynpro Application always run in the default browser of your system.

That isn't actually true. This isn't specific to Web Dynpro either. It has to do with how the SAPGUI is used to launch any web application.

In order for SAP to be able to generate a single sign on ticket we actually create an HTML control silently within the SAPGUI Control Framework first. This gives us secure connectivity to the browser instanace to be able to allow a special local, self signed SSO2 ticket to be generated. We then do a detach on the HTML Control instance so that it opens as a broswer disconnected from the SAPGUI. We are using an SAP provided ActiveX control as a wrapper around IE - so this is a little more complicated than just asking the OS to launch the default browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I even searched the registry to change this behaviour and failed

Now I just leave firefox open and reload the page after activating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

If i make the IE-11 as the default browser of my system the web dyne pro is not working for it can you please tell be thare is any other solution fr it .

Regards,

Pavan kumar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If i make the IE-11 as the default browser of my system the web dyne pro is not working for it can you please tell be thare is any other solution for it .

Regards,

Pavan kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run your application from SICF. It should run the app in your default browser instead of IE.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> Run your application from SICF. It should run the app in your default browser instead of IE.

Have you tested this? It didn't work for me. I set my default browser in windows settings to Safari and then launched an application from SICF with the test option and it still opened in Internet Explorer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah it works for me when using Firefox as my default browser on Windows XP. I haven't tried it with Safari for Windows XP though.

I also just tested it on my Macbook using the java SAP gui. There it does work correctly with Safari, both from SE80 and SICF.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

In your local machine , go to "control panel"-->"Add/Remove Programs"-->"Set Program Access and Defaults"->expand "Custome" option.---->"Choose Default Web Browser"

Best Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

I think it is outside the scope of Webdynpro ABAP application ,you cannot control it from the application

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If i take it from service perspective, say if i want to test a service from SICF and it should open in any other desired browser.

Can this be done.

thanks

Vishal Kapoor