cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from SAP logon 640 to 710. Now cannot logon to BW 3.5 Bex Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SAP logon 710 on a users pc and now she gets the following error message when she enters the password BI system has version 35A04; version 70000 is required

and then it brings it back to the password entry screen. she then enters the password again and it gives her the same message

Thanks in advance

Romina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When installing the SAPGUI 710 and the BEx tools, there should have been an option to install BW 3.5 Frontend. You can download the latest patch version of the BW 3.5 Frontend at:

[SAP Support Portal|https://service.sap.com/support]

1. Click on Downloads (top navigation links).

2. Select, on the left navigation bar, Download > Support Packages and Patches > Support Packages and Patches by Application Group.

3. Select the SAP Frontend Components link.

4. Select the BI ADDON FOR SAP GUI link.

5. Select the BW 3.5 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.10 link.

6. Select the Win32 link.

7. Choose the Download tab and select the latest version. This requires Download Basket and you will have to have the authorization necessary to download this executable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a detailed answer to my query Dennis. I ran the patch file on the users laptop and it still does the same thing. I did not reboot the system though because the almighty VP was busy. I wonder if a boot is required. Let me know if you have any further input on this but I still appreciate your detailed response.

R

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reboots typically are necessary for the entire package to take effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just rebooted the laptop and unfortunately nothings has changed. Still get the same error. Rats!!

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the only person that's having this issue? What version of Windows, with Service Pack, does this laptop have on it and is that the same as everyone else? Also, is the .NET Framework on this laptop up to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check on your Windows...

Control Panel->AdminstrativeTools->Event Viewer....

If you have used all the memory allocated for holding the events ..then clean that up and try installing the BEx Frontend again...

or check if you get some clue abt any messages left by BEx install..

0 Kudos

Having this error message with a user running Excel 2007 trying to access BW Queries when logging into BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis: thanks for all your help. You had asked if the problem only occurred with this user. Amazingly enough this problem followed the user. She logged in to Bex on another person's machine that was running fine and she go an error message saying that 'critical error has occured, the program will close now'. This was how the whole problem started. She used to get an error message that i just mentioned above so she logged on to another machine that was known to be working fine and she got the same message. Apparently she had something in her profile that triggered some extra functionality in Excel which raised that error on any machine. That's why I installed the new 710 gui but then I started getting the error that listed at the beginning of this thread.

I put all kinds of patches including yours. I also put another patch from the microsoft website that is directly related to this issue. Then I went in to Bex from the start menu and chose ' SAp Bex 3.5 X' and it worked. So I don't know what actually made it work but all the points go to you for very concise and detailed answers. Thanks again

R

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While I didn't get you to the correct solution for your particular situation, I'm glad you were able to resolve it...Thanks, Dennis

Answers (0)