cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soamanager referencing wrong port number in wsdl document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,I have a question with web service.

I configured my web service in soamanager and it produced wsdl document.

<soap:address location="http://client.com:443/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zgetuser/230/zgetuser/zgetuser" />

The port they gave for J2EE server is 80 in SOAManager....But in the wsdl produced port no is 443.

how to make that run over port 80?

I donu2019t know how I can correct and I donu2019t know why it produce wrong address.

Plz give your views

Thanks

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Your URL generates an HTTP on port 443. Port 443 is only used for HTTPS.

If you change HTTP to HTTPS, what happens?

Have you tried to manually adjusting the URL to what you believe is right?

Check SMICM and then Services. Here you should see whether your system is running on HTTP or HTTPS.

Within SOAMANGER you can change the J2EE settings via 'System Global Settings' and than tab 'Access Information J2EE Server'. Within this tab you can edit your settings.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vorstermans

I have tried to manually adjust the port in SOAmanager for the consumer proxy I created..But when I save and come back to see it again its shows the port as 443.I think it get the port from WSDL file.My system is running on HTTP only as I viewed it in SMICM.In Soamanager I already had the setings as Port no as '80'.But when I generating the WSDL file for the service defintion my soap location is similar what I gave it earlier.Expecting your reply

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating proxy did you check any option for secure HTTP? May be in Secutiry setting in SOAMANAGER?

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I have chose no transport guarntee while creating service defintion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created service defintion and consumer proxy for this issue and tried to test consumer proxy where I am getting this error

SOAP:1,023 SRT: Processing error in Internet

Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when

receiving the response: HTTP COMMUNICATION

FAILURE").

I think this may relate to port number..

Plz give your views gurus

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my provider ABAP system, I have HTTPS specifically listed in SMICM. Can you add an entry to yours?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Sorry for the late reply, I was travelling abroad on business.

The SRT error indicates that not all relevant ICF services have been activated. Check in TCODE SICF whether the following is active:

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro

/default_host/sap/public/bc (Activate all sub services under bc)

/default_host/sap/public/myssocntl

/sap/public/icman

/default_host/sap/public/bc/webdynpro/viewdesigner

/default_host/sap/bc/wdvd/

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro (All services)

ICMAN

/default_host/sap/public/icman

Message server and web dispatcher

/default_host/sap/public/icf_info

/default_host/sap/public/icf_info

/default_host/sap/bc/echo

/default_host/sap/bc/error

Or do it the easy way and run TCODE: SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INTERNAL

See if this makes a difference!

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Worstermans

Great to have your reply..After publishing all the services thru the tcode you mentioned still I am getting same error.

I think soap location address port is 443 in wsdl instead of 80 but when I gone thru the SMICM I am able to find HTTP connection alone...is it possible to change the port location in URL that was generating in SOAManager?

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

In the middle of an EHP1 upgrade and it appeared that my SOAMANAGER stopped working. After I got it back up I noticed that my settings were calling HTTP, where I have HTTPS. So same problem, just the other way around. I did the following to solve the issue, maybe it'll be of use for you!?

In SOAMANAGER

Check on the WSDL overview tab (once selected the WSDL) the 'Show WSDL Options, button. Here you can set the protocol for meta data and the endpoint. These need to be set to HTTP.

If you edit the WSDL (from configuration tab), check the tab Provider Security. Here you can set the communication security. Is this set to HTTP?

After I reset these for my WSDL, it worked just fine!

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

In SOAMANAGER when I choose service and give apply sections I am getting WSDL tab..under this WSDL Overview tab I am finding

Object Status: Services: 1 / Endpoints: 1

Porttype Namespace: urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style

Porttype Name: ZGETUSER

Internal Name: ZGETUSER

SOAP Applikation: URN:SAP-COM:SOAP:RUNTIME:APPLICATION:RFC:710

Package Name: $TMP

Open porttype WSDL document

Open WSDL document for selected binding

Open Web Service navigator for selected binding

Here I am unable to find any button "Show WSDL Options" where I can set the protocol for Metadata...But under configurations Tab I am finding communication protocol as 'HTTP' only

Also I followed same steps for creating the service defintion in different client where it points to correct URL in soap location address ie 8000 for HTTP and 8443 for HTTPS....should we need to raise any OSS note for this issue? I am expecting your reply eagerly on this

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you at EHP4? I believe the 'show wsdl options' is new for EHP4.

I checked a system we have that is at EHP3 and it does not have the button, however the EHP4 one does.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EHP3, after you find your service in SOAMANAGER, click on the 'Configurations Tab'. There you will see the bindings for that service.

Select one of the bindings, click on the edit button. You should be brought to the provider security tab. You should be able to make the adjustments there.

btw - in my configuration tab I have a choice in the 'Properties for Transport Guarentee Type', transport protocol. Choices are HTTP or HTTP Using Secure SSL connection.

Edited by: Mike Marowski on Aug 6, 2009 1:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

I think I am using EHP3 ( this is my Patch SAPKB70018) bcos I had the option of changing under tab 'Properties for Transport Guarentee Type'.Its already defined as HTTP when I created service defintion...

Mike ..do you have answer for the underlined point???????

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a service running on my EHP3 system. In SOAMANAGER, I created two endpoints.

In endpoint 1 I pretty much used the defaults. It is set to 'No guarentee'. When I open the WSDL (look at the bottom of the file in the service name, port name, address location) it shows it running on port 8000.

In endpoint 2, I set it the transport guarentee to 'HTTPS. When I open that WSDL and look at the bottom, I see 443.

Going to SMICM on my EHP3 box, I can see my HTTP service running on 8000. HTTPS is running on 443.

Now, when I do the same thing on my EHP4 system, I get port 50102 for my No Guarantee service. When I create the one for my HTTPS one, I see no port listed (I expected to see 443 so I need to look into this). In SMICM on that system, HTTP is set to 50102. HTTPS is listed as 443.

In both cases, the WSDL that is displayed when I say 'show the wsdl' shows the HTTP port setting in the URL. When you look inside of that file you will see the correct port listed at the bottom.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SMICM on your system. When you run it, click on the icon that is the 3rd one over on the top. It looks like a oval that is gray and yellow. Check to see what your HTTP and HTTPS entries are. Your BASIS team can change these values if needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already checked SMICM where I find only HTTP port...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you open the WSDL file for your service, what does the binding URL say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Starts with http://..

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you look inside of the WSDL file you should see a tag (its all the way at the bottom) that looks like:

<wsdl:service name = "".>

<wsdl: port name = "" binding - "">

<soap: address location= ?????? >

What does your address location tag say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It too starts with HTTP..........

only problem is I am finding wrong port number..ie instead of 8000..I am getting 443

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try and recreate the binding? If it does the same thing, try creating a new binding with a different transport type and see if you can get the port number changed. I noticed a lot of 'hidden' features in EHP3 that went away in EHP4. Maybe you are dealing with a bug someplace.

What was your port number for HTTP in SMICM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried and created so many bindings but all are point to Port number as 443 instead of 8000..In SMICM I am finding port number as 8000...But In wsdl file its like this

<soap:address location="http://client.com:443/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zgetuser/230/zgetuser/zgetuser" />

I donu2019t know how I can correct and I donu2019t know why it produce wrong address.

Thanks

Ganesh

Edited by: Ganesh Kumar on Aug 11, 2009 12:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inside of your WSDL, there should be a bunch of policy tags. If you scroll down to the bottom of the WSDL there will be a tag for your binding. It should look like this:

<wsdl: binding name = "" type= "">

<wsp: policy>

<wsp policyReference URL = ?????>

Take the name that is in the ???? and go to the top of the WSDL file. There will be a tag like this:

<wsp: Policy wsu:ID=??????

Can you paste that the entire tag (with all of its sub tags) into your response?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a found a SAP Note that would hopefully resolve this issue..The note no is 1263112

Symptom

Address Location of binding is generated with HTTPS port 443 in the WSDL in systems where the HTTPS serivce is not started.

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! Be sure to let us know if it resolves the issue. Good luck.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPNOTE 1263112 will solve your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schultz

I have already found this note and it was resolved...so I closing this thread

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates plz.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check tcode SMICM on the box that is providing the service. See what port you have setup for HTTP and HTTPS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There I am finding port no as 80 for HTTP and I am not finding anything for HTTPS...

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates on this Thread..Plz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates on this?