cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access the repository USR0013 Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

Im trying to access Designer from my local computer (XP), but, it always comming this error:

SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Erro de transporte: Falha de comunicação.(FWM 00001)

(hr=#0x80042a01)

Im using: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.0 with fix3.

im also using Domain like: boexi3.xyz.loc

I Saw other topics and i cant find really answer for solve this situation, i also switched off the firewalls... etc etc

in the CCM is evertying running...

- Apache Service 5.5.20 Running

- Serve Intelligent Agent (BOEXI3) Running

whole processes is running

i did stop and restart whole

still not working

I really dont know what to go.

Please help me.

I saw whole posts.. but there is no perfect answer for this situation

thank you for ur attention

Regards

Pheno.SAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

You need to add to the hosts file on your local PC the following data:

server.Domain.xxx, the domain you can see BO designer running on the server itself.

The Hosts file you find in the following path:

C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ drivers \ etc

We had the same problem was solved.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check that wether both the machine are in the same domain. you can check this by pinging the server by its host name from the client machine if it is not pinging. go to host file of client machine add the entry in that like

192.165.63.56 BOBJ

client machine should be able to connect to the server with its host name. ask your IT helpfor the same

This should work fine this communication exception will come for client tools

asim_munshi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI Paulina

Jus curious -- can you update on how you resolved the issue?

0 Kudos

Hi

are you sure that your CMS server is running on the default port (6400)? You can check this in the CMC under Servers, highlight the Central Management Server, invoke the context menu (right mouse button) and select Properties. Look in the Common Settings area.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

thanks for ur answer,

but still didnt work.

I restarted the server its come: Failed.

I dont know why.

Command LineParamaters:

-loggingPath "C:/Program Files/Business Objects/BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0/Logging/"

-fg -restart -name BOEXI3.ConnectionServer -ns boexi3.xyz.loc:6400 -pidfile "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\serverpids\BOEXI3_BOEXI3.ConnectionServer.pid"

Common Settings:

Request port : 6400

IP : 192.168.1.47

FAILED when i restart the server

I also putted the c:\wind32\...hosts

192.168.1.47 boexi3.xyz.loc

but nothing working :s

any clue?

Thanks regards

phenosap

regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please start an MSDOS box on your client and issue the following command:

telnet boexi3.xyz.loc 6400

Do you get an error message?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

i puted

telnet boexi3.xyz.loc 6400 Failed

telnet boexi3 6400 no error

i dont know why :s

thank u

0 Kudos

Hi,

please give boexi3:6400 in the system field when the login screen of the universe designer appears. Are you able to login?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i did one thing

At Client:

i added the line at HOST FILE

192.168.1.47 boexi3.xyz.loc

it did worked.

but, the problem is,

1) i dont have to put it to every client...

how can I solve it without i needing to add file at my host file from own local computer?

2) I got fixed ip address. exemple. 1.1.1.1

how can make outside connection?

i added at the router

port form 6400 to 6404 to ip 192.168.1.47

anything i have to do more?

Regards,

Thanks u very much

Pheno.SAP

0 Kudos

Hi,

you should check with your network administrator and ask them to add the appropriate entries in your name server.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im responsible for administration system also.

I dont know how Can I do it.

0 Kudos

This is an network administration issue. I would suggest to look in the internet for some help on how to setup and configure a central name server for your network.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is firewall setting issue.

Go to windows firewall setting and add your Designer application to Exception list of FIrewall.

Regards

Baby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Efstratios,

I have the same issue "Cannot Access the repository USR0013 Designer", when I try to connect into designer from my windows xp computer.

I have registered the url in the host.

208.69.XXX.XX bobj.domain.com bobj

I have put the firewall in off.

I did telnet bobj.domain.com 6400 from my windows xp computer and it does not work. When I did telnet bobj.domain.com 6400 from bobj server it works.

I am sure that it is running in port 6400.

When I execute qaaws from my windows xp computer it works fine.

Could you please help me?

Regards,

Paulina Villacis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paulina, It is my understanding that QaaWS works in a different port (Usually the http Port number) than the port used to validate the CMS (usually 6400). So connecting to QaaWs does not guarantee your CMS port is open to the web/App server.

I hope it helps

Reinaldo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paulina, just remember when firewall rules are very strict, there are some other ports to fix within the tool. Let me try to do my best explaining those. The steps below are for BO Xi 2.3, but I hope you get the idea if you are using Xi 3.1

The Network administrator need to open Business Objects ports (6400 and 8401 to 8405..in this example) in the firewall.

If the user is interested in only using Desktop Intelligence/Designer then there is a registry key that you can change in the workstation to specify the port for communication with the CMS for client tools.

On the workstation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite11.5\CER

The two subkeys with their default values are:

- RequestPortLower (DWORD) 0

- RequestPortUpper (DWORD) 65536

A 0 value allows the system to pick a port. Set a value for both keys of 6400 (the default value for the server).

After setting those values, the user is able to log in "Desktop Intelligence," importing, exporting, and editing reports, refreshing data, and other operations while working online.

1 Run regedit.

2 Locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\CER. (or the right key for your BO version)

3 Modify the two subkeys RequestPortLower and RequestPortUpper.

4 Double click on RequestPortLower and enter "6400" (the lower port number from the range gathered by your security administrator).

5 Click OK.

6 Double click on RequestPortUpper and enter "8405" (the higher port number from the range gathered by your security administrator).

7 Click OK.

8 Exit the Registry application and restart the workstation.

On the application server:

- You need to specify a -requestport and -port switches for the CMS, Input File Repository, and Output File Repository.

- From CCM, stop these servers. Run Central Configuration Manager in Start > All Programs > BusinessObjects XI Release 2 >

BusinessObjects Enterprise.

9 Locate CMS, Input File Repository, and Output File Repository on the Central Configuration Manager screen and hold down the CTRL key and highlight the three "servers" mentioned above and right click.

10 In the submenu, click Stop to stop the servers.

11 Right click on Input File Repository Server and then click Properties.

12 Add this switch to the comand line for these servers:

-port 8402 -requestport 8403

Note: The -port and -requestport switch must precede the -restart switch.

13 Click Apply then click OK.

14 Right click on Output File Repository Server and then click Properties.

15 Add these switches to the command line for these servers:

-port 8404 -requestport 8405

Note: The -port switch and -requestport switch must precede the-restart switch

16 Click Apply then click OK.

17 Right click on Central Management Server and then click Properties

18 Add these switches to the command line for this server:

-port 6400 -requestport 8401

Note: The -port switch and -requestport switch must precede the -restart switch.

19 Click Apply then click OK.

20 Locate Central Management Server, Input File Repository Server, and Output File Repository Server on the Central Configuration Manager screen and hold down the CTRL key to highlight the three "servers" mentioned above and right Click.

21 Click Start.

22 Close Central Configuration Manager (CCM).

25 Start the service and close the CCM.

26 You should be able to log in both Designer and Desktop Intelligence (on your workstation).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paulina/Asim: The solution I just posted was related to Xi R 2 SP3. Below is a procedure I wrote since we have 6.5.x, XiR2 sp3 and Xi 3.1 in the same workstations. So I use 8400 and 8405 for Xi 3.1 - I hope you don't get confuse with the instructions:

Solution

The firewall settings for the server and registry keys on the workstation are not allowing the communication.

The Business Objects Enterprise R3.1 default ports are (6400 to 6405), but since Business Objects Enterprise R2 is already running on the same server, the defaults were changed to be from (8400 to 8405). The network administrator is required to open those ports in the firewall and Business Objects Enterprise R3.1 servers (Services) need to be redirect touse those.

On the application server:

- You need to specify a -requestport switch for the CMS, Input File Repository, Output File Repository, Web Intelligence Processing Server and Adaptative Processing Server

1. On the server were BusinessObjects Enterprise XI R3.1 was install, start the Central Management Console thru Start> All programs> BusinessObjects XI 3.1> BusinessObjects Enterprise> Central Management Console on WACS

2. Log in

3. Select >Servers>

4. Locate Central Management Server, usually named <ServerName>. CentralManagementServer, right click on it and select properties

5. Uncheck Auto assign and update the request port to be the port number had been open in your firewall (8401)

6. Restart the Central Management Server

7. Repeat the process from 4 to 6, assigning:

Port 8402 to <ServerName>.InputFileRepository,

Port 8403 to <ServerName>.OutputFileRepository

Port 8404 to <ServerName>. WebIntelligenceProcessingServer

Port 8405 to <ServerName>.AdaptativeProcessingServer

And restart those servers upon finishing.

On the workstation

There is a key that allows control what ports the Client Tools is going to use to communicate with every environment. The key is located under the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite12.0\CER

The two subkeys with their default values are:

- RequestPortLower (DWORD) 0

- RequestPortUpper (DWORD) 65536

A 0 value allows the system to pick a port. Set a value for RequestPortLower key of 20d0 (Hexadecimal) or 8400 (the decimal value).

A 0 value allows the system to pick a port. Set a value for RequestPortUpper key of 20d5 (Hexadecimal) or 8405 (the decimal value).

After setting those values, the user is able to log in "Desktop Intelligence", >Designer>, and >Webi rich Client, importing, exporting universes and report, editing reports, refreshing data, and other operations while working online.

The ports to use to send and receive information against the CMS must not be from the 8400 range as some of them are, by default, reserved for communication between specific Business Objects services in the application server.

Below are steps you need to configure the ports (in the workstation) for Universe Designer to be able to work from outside the firewall

1 Run regedit

2 Locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BusinessObjects\Suite 12.0\CER.

3 Modify the two subkeys RequestPortLower and RequestPortUpper.

4 Double click on RequestPortLower and enter "8400" (the lower port number from the range gathered by your security administrator).

5 Click OK.

6 Double click on RequestPortUpper and enter "8405" (the higher port number from the range gathered by your security administrator).

7 Click OK.

8 Exit the Registry application and restart the workstation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed BOXIR3.1 SP3 on server.Then I installed BOXIR3.1 on client machine.I am getting the following error while trying to open

Deski or Designer through the client machine.

"Cannot access the repository.(USR0013)"

Detail: [repo_proxy 13] SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)

(hr=#0x80042a01)

The client machine is able to telnet the ports of server machine ie(6410-SIA,6400-CMS,8080-Tomcat).

I tried to change the values of the ports through regedit(RequestPortLower & RequestPortUpper) but no success.

I also tried to add the server ip and name in the host file of client at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.

Also,I tried to login through fully qualified name in the designer and deski.

Is there any other option I can try to resolve this error.

Thanks

RasikaB