cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Commitment Check - see costing log

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've encountered error when saving after release of wbs. "Error in commitment check (see costing log)", this error hinders me to create PR for several wbs. please advise how to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marnee,

This is error is due to the Budget exceed.

Open the costing log and check for which WBS element the PR value is exceeduing the budget, it shows by how much the budget is exceeded. Suppliment the amount to the respective WBS elements.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen, please take note that we haven't define the budget yet since our requirement is to allocate budget only if certain account status have met. In this case, budget availability control is not yet active by this time. Reason why I cant figure out the cause of this error.

Need further assistance.

THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved! User status of top level wbs must be changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm facing the same problem except that I do have budget control active for the WBS elements. And the budget amount is Exactly the same as the PR amount.

The availability control usages are 80 , 90 , 100 % respectively for the actions1 , 2 , 3

Note: I have no user status assigned.

How do I open this costing log. from where !?

because it is not Menu Bar --> Extras --> Logs --> Cost Calculation .... log contains no values.

Please consider it a matter of high importance.

Thank you.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Are you maintaining person responsible for the WBS for which you are getting this error. Sometimes system gives this message when it is not able to find the person responsible to send the mail when Action 2 -90% consumption is triggered.

the error should be checked in the Release log, else you can expand the error message when it is received.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Samma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Samara.

That is Helpful.

Yes I considered the person responsible. you are correct. and when I assigned a person responsible the message turned to "Warnings in commitment check. see costing log. do you still want to save?"

and when I passed that warning I started getting the warnings for each network activity on its own.

but what if the normal users are using the system and they face that "Error" message.

How can they open that so called (Costing Log) to check the errors and understand the actions??

Please guide me with directions.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Just write a substitution for Person Responsible or IF Person Responsible is different for each WBS then make it a mandatory field and user has to enter it.

After that they will not get error message, it will be warning message and  end user can save the project, and PR gets created ..

Cheers

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if the error message is due to actual budget exceeding while releasing the PRs !!

where will the user find the (Costing Log) to check the error messages and see the info. of which network activities or material components are exceeding budget and by what amount?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

correct. else the user can click on the error message, it will display which network activity is exceeding the budget and by what amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked everywhere in CJ20N to find this Costing Log and I can't find it or figure out how to open it!!

in my case here I deliberately caused the error by assigning a budget of 95% of the plan --> the plan is all commitment items (material components)

but I want to check that so called costing log and see the errors in it.

Your help is highly appreciated