cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write error. [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]: [Error sending mail message to SMTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below error messgage i am getting while scheduling report in CMC. My report getting refreshed successfully but while posting refreshed file(Excel) it is not posting and throwing below error.

Error Message:

write error. [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]: [Error sending mail message to SMTP server. Return code: [].]

please provide some help on this.

Thanks

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Please kindly update whether you are using Send To option to send the generated Excel file or scheduling report to the Email

destination.

Check all the settings for the destination in the properties of the report job server and destination job server.

Also check the size of generated Excel file.

Try sending or scheduling in the different format ( Crystal Report, PDF, Rich Text etc)

Regards,

Hrishikesh Parasnis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Here i am scheduling Deski report not crystal report.while scheduling i am selecting email option and report as Excel file.

The error is happing for particular report only not for all reports, even i have tried to send file is different format like text,padf,etc but i couldn't able to solve the problem.

if volume of report size is more how we should address this. Even thoush the customer expecting full data in report.

Thanks

Vivek.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Mails to the destinations are delievered by SMTP server. Size of the file in the mail depends on the SMTP server.

For example, If SMTP server does not permit file size more than 2MB then that file won't be delievered.

For testing purpose copy the instance generated in Filestore to your local drive and send this instance using your mail client to

desired destination.

You can try sending large size file from your mail client to test SMTP server capacity of sending large size file.

Thanks,

Hrishikesh Parasnis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Did you manage to resolve this issue. I'm having the same problems.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having this problem too. Scheduling from BOXI 3.1. Edge to SharePoint. SharePoint accepts 100MB, SMPT is configured to accept 30MB and my Ecxel document is 23MB. I know it's big, but the client insists on this report. Is there a setting I can change somewhere to facilitate the publishing? All my other (smaller) Excel files work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Possibly enable tracing on your crystal job servers to get an idea of how far down the line the SMTP connection is getting.

You could also confirm a few key things:

Have the SMTP destinations on your Job servers been updated with the SMTP server info

Can you telnet to the mail server on port 25 from the BO server - if not, then check the firewall between the two servers and change the existing ruleset to allow connectivity to the new server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

This error is happing only for particular report and other reports are posting file in correctly,so i am wondering should i really check job server settings?

please advice...

Thanks

Vivek.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is happing only for particular report and other reports are posting file in correctly,so i am wondering should i really check job server settings?

No, as Hrishikesh Parasnis mentioned it is probably file size.

Edited by: James Pretorius (CCLTD) on Aug 7, 2009 9:09 PM

Edited by: James Pretorius (CCLTD) on Aug 7, 2009 9:10 PM