cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport webservice Entry in SICF to QAS and PRD

Former Member

I have created webservices in SE80 using the Wizrad in DEV. An Entry is created in SICF for the service,

I have transported this to QAS. This Service entry shows up in SE80 but not in SICF. In SOAMANGER I'am able to use to test the it as well after creating an entry there in QAS.

For me use this Webservice from .NET I need this entry in SICF so, back in DEV I right click my SICF entry and create the transport entry, I also created an External Alias and the transport entry for the External Alias. When This was transport to

QAS the external entry was transported to QAS but not the SICF Entry, When I click on the External Alias in QAS I get

an error Target service not available - repair table Message no. SR053

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread. However, given that many of you, who are involved in this post, may have faced this before - I would like to ask if there is an easy way to ensure that all webservices, service definitions, consumer proxies etc., that are available in QA remain as they are after a refresh from production OR do we have to edit each of these manually after the refresh?

Regards,

Dipyaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not mean testing authorisation - I meant that you ask the BASIS people to set QAS as modifiable in SCC4 and then your useid should all Create Auhtorisation( you ask for temp SAP_ALL) and then go to SE80 and create the webservice just like you did in DEV When you do this a web service is created and an entry is added to SICF you can right click the entry in SICF and

test the service in QAS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should be the principle and very basic groundrule of every SAP Basis person not to ever open a QA or Prod system via SCC4 for direct changes. This will unsync your entire Landscape.

I strongly encourage you not to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody I got the same problem, so I've created the endpoint in SOAMANAGER but it has "Inactive" state. Does anybody knows how to transport ICF services trough the landscape?

It seems like there is no option than set QAS & PRD as "modificable" and use SICF to create de services... Is this recommended by SAP?

any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I found a few things by debugging but am not sure if thats the problem for you as well.

1. If your webservice is more than 15 chars, an internal name is generated for the service.

There is a table ICFSERVLOC, which is non transportable. In our case the web services used to work fine prior to a refresh from production. This table contain entries if the web services already exist. But durung refresh the entries didnt get refreshed as the table is non transportable. So as we transported web services again, the table entries already existed so a DB insert was unsuccessful which actually creates the node in sicf and activates the binding.

We deleted the entries in the table and reimported web services again and it worked fine. But we are facing some other issue now..

The client expects content-type as text/xml and what iit is getting is text/html. I have checked everywhere, everywhere its text/xml. dont know what is the issue.

Please help me out if anyone ever faced an issue of this kind..

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way we can solve this issue Ge the get required autorisation in QAS and go to SE80 and create the webservice using

the regular way. It has worked this way for me.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thanks for your reply. I got the auth just for testing and found that I am not able to create icf itself with my Q namespace.

Any ideas ?? Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Did you get the resolution for the problem ? we have the same issue..

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please create End Point in QA after transporting the Web Service definition using SOAMANAGER. Now, you will see entry in SICF hierarchy.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

Thanks for your reply.

The end points are already created. The binding is there. The Endpoint is shown as Inactive. This situation is only there in Q system. In Dev it is working fine. only when we transport it, the nodes are not there.

I have tried adding one more end point to the service but it gives me an error message

SRT Framework exception: ICF: Error when creating service node.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. I was getting same error. I was configuring binding via user/pass, in security tab, and the password was incorrect. Basis assign a new one, I configure the new one user/pass and the binding was created ACTIVE.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Did you get the resolution for the problem ? we have the same issue..

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are able to test webservice on QAS then, you can consume this service from .Net, use url of wsdl and call it from .Net application.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without the Entry in SICF in QAS the Service is not complete - We cant define Service which has Function Group as a end point. Each Function should be declared as webservice in .NET. This is due to the fact SICF entry did not get transported to QAS. The Whole .NET code which is working in DEV has to be changed because SICF entry is not created in QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/9852bdc06b11d4ad310000e83539c3/frameset.htm

> Each Function should be declared as webservice in .NET. This is due to the fact SICF entry did not get transported to QAS

I don't know how you are consuming webservices in .Net but ideally you should use wsdl for creating webservice, in this way you can gurantee stability of service and any change in backend will not hamper your client programs.

Can you tell me following:

What are you transporting? service under ....rfc->sap or rfc->sap->yourservice->client->yourservice->yourservice

Ideally you should transport service under rfc->sap.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh

you also have to transport the service via SICF. Once you make a change to the service you should get a transport request, if you do this in your dev system

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The my service in SICF is

defautl host-bc-srt-sap-Z_myservice

My end point is a function group which has a number of functions. .In .NET my webserice is the Z_myservice which has a number of function calls which I invoke.

I'am using the wsdl from the SOAMANAGER to create the webserive in .NET. We can generate the transport request by right click on the service. This did not get transported to QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did this. It did not create the SICF entry when transported to QAS. We can create additional transport req by right click

on the serivce even this did not create SICF entry in QAS